gaz-777

Gaz's Graphite Grey 330ci

Did you get the water leak sorted mate?

No not yet Tony, I am going to remove the headlight and investigate when I get the chance! The dash light for the empty windscreen wash reservoir is quite annoying now. I also received my letter for the air bag recall this week, so I will be booking that in with my local dealer at some point.

For those who were interested I passed my HGV Class 2 driving test a week last Monday first time, only got 3 minors so I was over the moon with the drive. I received my driving licence back today therefore I can now book in for the Class 1 course.

Congratulations mate :)

Thanks Bob, really Happy I passed first time, just hope I can repeat that in the class 1 now.

Not much of an update on the car as such, however I went to Asda On Your Marks show at Bruntingthorpe Airfield on Saturday, it's held every year and has various car clubs attend, drift car show, bike stunt shows and Air displays. It's mainly family based but has some very nice cars turn up including GTR 35 clubs, Maserati club, tvr's, Subaru's and other super cars including a McLaren P1 which was just rapid out on the track. Took some photos of mine as the sun was out all day. I did spot a couple of E46 M3's but when I went back later to take photos they had gone.

CEF652F5-4B19-40CD-A1FC-1A2C31FE6FBD.jpg

4E7FA182-A1F1-409F-8525-CE496916A19D.jpg

A3371CDB-9BAE-4E1F-810E-0D025DD78C4D.jpg

Yesterday I fitted some eibach sport lines to my mates Audi A3 sport, he wants some wheels now so will be on hand to help him choose some. Springs will settle a bit more after a few weeks and handles a lot better now.

I'm currently just waiting for a few things to sell on eBay to fund my head unit and then I can install it and the sub I brought back in June. Also waiting for a free day to get my tyres fitted on the rear. Other than that I'm enjoying driving the car in this weather.

Today I have investigated the leaking washer jet on the nearside. I removed the headlight and then the telescopic mechanism it's self. But before removing the pipes from the mechanism I filled the washer fluid reservoir with just water to find the leak. It started leaking from the jets themselves almost instantly, so I will need to source a replacement jet. In the second photo you can see the water coming out the two jets.

02393EB0-BCC5-4B11-A741-B42D9DAD130B.jpg

F2B7EE0E-6770-4A11-A298-275BF88D23E4.jpg

I've looked on eBay but can only find a used offside jet. Does anyone know of any decent online breakers?

Edited by gaz-777

Thanks for the advice Daz, just booked in the airbag recall at my local dealer for 6th October. I also got a price on the nozzle jet, £26.26+ Vat. Not a bad price so will order one in ?

Today I have investigated the leaking washer jet on the nearside. I removed the headlight and then the telescopic mechanism it's self. But before removing the pipes from the mechanism I filled the washer fluid reservoir with just water to find the leak. It started leaking from the jets themselves almost instantly, so I will need to source a replacement jet. In the second photo you can see the water coming out the two jets. 02393EB0-BCC5-4B11-A741-B42D9DAD130B.jpgF2B7EE0E-6770-4A11-A298-275BF88D23E4.jpg

I've looked on eBay but can only find a used offside jet. Does anyone know of any decent online breakers?

She's not leaking buddy, she's crying, because she misses me ;)

Hi guys, been a while since I updated on here. Not a lot has changed other than fitting a new pioneer stereo, which has much improved the sound of the Harmon Kardon system. The power from the pioneer unit delivers a great pure quality sound and punch from the rear deck subs. I know after market units are not popular but with the help of the central location fascia I brought I think it looks ok, and the amber illumination matches nicely with the Amber dash lighting. Few pics of it here

0C0A84D2-D862-4705-B244-F562F74733F0.jpg

2ECD8E45-9DEA-454D-B84B-7269A6210E54.jpg

DF59A3DB-C570-4DEE-8CDB-0FF1F2967C25.jpg

I also fitted a sub in the boot but I have removed it for now as I have experienced an electrical issue and needed to sort that out first. The issue is explained here : http://www.e46zone.com/forum/topic/61391-total-loss-of-all-electrics/page-2#entry900089

The car went into my local BMW dealership for the airbag recall on 6th October and the job was completed within an hour. The lady on the desk explained how healthy the car was and what a lovely condition the car is in too. So I was happy with that although it puzzled me that they never mentioned about the central locking not working?? Anyway the gm5 module will be sent for repair next week and will hopefully be the end of my electrical issues. Here is the module removed from the car

B6FAD610-0F44-40E5-BBDD-10D912077223.jpg

It fits into the top slop in the white frame

7189A65D-4A8E-40A8-921F-DF08CECAACF9.jpg

The leaking washer jet has been replaced too, I brought a new spray nozzle whilst I was at the dealers and fitted that myself today. I Also replaced the spark plugs as they are over 2 years old, my dad has a rule about changing them every two years regardless of the mileage due to a past bad experience. Better to be safe than sorry I guess. I will also be changing the oil and filters before the winter.

I have recently been offered a new job driving for my current employer as a class 1 driver, so from November the car will be used daily. Don't know wether to buy a cheap run about or drive this, it's only a 15 mile round trip to work so I'm undecided on that one.

Edited by gaz-777

As said before... cracking looking car .. Great colour..

Good job on the head unit install..

And well done on the class 1 pass too.. I know how hard it is to pass nowadays..

I am a transport manager for DHL.. I have 40 c1, 10 c2, 32 7.5t and varying amounts of agency of all classes at my command everyday.. !!! Miss my driving days though.. out on the open road.. no-one on your back all day... good luck..

As said before... cracking looking car .. Great colour..

Good job on the head unit install..

And well done on the class 1 pass too.. I know how hard it is to pass nowadays..

I am a transport manager for DHL.. I have 40 c1, 10 c2, 32 7.5t and varying amounts of agency of all classes at my command everyday.. !!! Miss my driving days though.. out on the open road.. no-one on your back all day... good luck..

Thanks for the comments mate. Yes I'm looking forward to hitting the road, I've really enjoyed my training too.

Yes i am really impressed with the sound quality, the model is the DEH-9600BT. It has better quality internal parts to the unit i originally had in mind.

I also brought the interface to retain the steering wheel remote controls.

Edited by gaz-777

Yes i am really impressed with the sound quality, the model is the DEH-9600BT. It has better quality internal parts to the unit i originally had in mind.

Can I ask how much you paid for both and where from??

Can I ask how much you paid for both and where from??
I brought the head unit off someone on eBay for £92 (approx £160 - £180 from the retailers), I waited a while for a used one to come up for sale though and the steering wheel interface I brought from a company called dynamic sounds also on eBay for £20. Works really well I find, it's good to answer the phone with a press of the button on the steering wheel too. Edited by gaz-777

Looking great mate that centre fascia is it from Bmw? If so do you have the part number?

Thanks Damo, yes the fascia is a genuine BMW part. The part number is 65900390317, you will need to buy the cage to fit the central fascia or you can just modify the existing cage as I did to fit mine. Still holds securely in place once it's all in the dash. Looks miles better than the auto leads fascias in my opinion.