Webby

Air compressor and tools

Im half thinking about looking for a used but branded compressor on ebay with a decent air gun and lead. As they make life soo much easier.

Is there anything to look out for when buying one used?

Are there servicable parts?

What brands are well known?

Preferably a portable-ish one!

Thanks

i got a NEXT DAY DELIVERY COBRA AIR TOOLS 25L LITER AIR COMPRESSOR 9.5CFM 2.5HP WITH FREE 5 PCS KIT 8 BAR POWERFUL . from amazon £99.99 delivered,i use it for inflating tyres and removing golf grips.i will also be using it to spray the shed when the time comes,decent and easy to use

Im half thinking about looking for a used but branded compressor on ebay with a decent air gun and lead. As they make life soo much easier.

Is there anything to look out for when buying one used?

Are there servicable parts?

What brands are well known?

Preferably a portable-ish one!

Thanks

when you said airgun i presumed air inflater,although the compressor i bought can use theses tools but have to be bought seperately

i wouldnt bother

id get a good 18v battery gun they will get most bolts undone, should piss a subframe off they undo or wheel nuts in work that are torqued down to 670Nm

we use air tools in work ive got too many and theyre brilliant, however trying to run them on home compressors is pointless as they dont have the guts. can get about 2 quick bursts from my airgun if that. We have a fairly large compressor too. to buy a compressor good enough to run airtools properly its probably cheaper to get a snap on battery gun.

My setup is;

SIP 50litre 2.5hp and I can run a Chicago pneumatic airgun.

It has removed stubborn wheel nuts/ studs no problems.

I did have to upgrade the airline to allow the gun to work to its full potential as the standard airline and regulator are just too small to provide the gun with enough flow.

I have both,,,, :punk:

I Know I Know,,,,, A 50lt compressor in my unit with an air gun and other attachments and a impact wrench i carry with me if i am doing stuff at home, best of both worlds.

The compressor was from a chap on ebay, powerfull enough for what i need and the impact wrench is a sealey 24v that produces 441Nm or 325Lb-ft so it says on the book, all i know is it will rip the nipples of a raging bull.