TriggerFish

The Happy Topic :-)

M3 Evo now has an MOT for the first time in 3 years! Am properly looking forward to driving it again considering i have owned it for about 5 years and only driven it the first two of those 5. Should have it back from the garage by end of next week, with a freshly built vanos, and fully serviced.

Our office at work finally has opening windows. Before they were sealed shut, and we had to rely on recirculating aircon for temperature control. Air quality and humidity were terrible, but finally, after a lot of moaning, they've been replaced with opening ones. Fresh air is so underrated!

Our office at work finally has opening windows. Before they were sealed shut, and we had to rely on recirculating aircon for temperature control. Air quality and humidity were terrible, but finally, after a lot of moaning, they've been replaced with opening ones. Fresh air is so underrated!

You guys must be well loved....opening windows!!!

Our windows? Can't even see out of them, due to "security film" applied to the glass.

I know, it's great! They are heavily tinted, but we've got metal shutters we have to put down at night/weekends, so I guess that negates the need for blacking them out.

Good times. Can't believe you've owned it that long!

I'm fairly sure its 5 years.

Either way it was home and fully road legal on Saturday. Other than a slightly iffy drivers side hub (2 x bolts wouldn't torque), some brake pad rattle on the wilwoods and a suspected dodgy maf causing power loss, im pleased to say its now back in use. Oh and need to get the air-con looked at as its not worked since i got the car. Hoping a re-gas will sort it, but you never really know with 20yr old cars!

Will need a bit of trouble shooting no doubt over the next few month to sort out any small niggles, but for the most part she is purring like a kitten.

Videos before and after vanos rebuild in case anyone is interested.

Before...

http://youtu.be/9Uu01xcJtOk

After...

http://youtu.be/vxgcXiKr_U4

Soooooo much quieter on overrun!

Edited by simonlpearce

I bought a Halfords advanced professional 36 piece socket set 1/4" set about 4 years ago, it has a lifetime guarantee with valid proof of purchase, well the socket holder for the hex, torx, screwdriver stopped 'holding' the attachments and they fell out, plus the ratchet sometimes would stick.

I went in the the local store and explained the problems, i was offered a new ratchet, but he couldn't find the socket holder on the computer.

So he gave me a whole new kit :thumbup:

I rang Admiral to add my E30 to the policy, and they asked if I'd got any NCB I could use, to which I said no, my 6 are all in use on my other car.

They then said that as I'd been with them since 2011 with no claims, they'd be happy to convert those 4 years into another set of 4 NCB to use on the second car, which was unexpected :D

They also were willing to give me classic insurance with an agreed value for only £100 more than a regular policy, which is worth it for piece of mind IMO.

Sitting back in my easy chair with a nice cup of tea for the next 18 months or so and enjoying watching the tory party tear itself apart on Europe again....and again.....and again.....great sport :thumbsup:

There's a big lake near me that I've always wanted to fish but it was owned by a private angling club with a long waiting list so I've never been able to. It was announced yesterday that someone has bought it and is doing it up over the next 12 months. It will be reopened as a day ticket water and contains carp to over 30 lbs. Can't wait to fish it.

Edited by Rob-

There's a big lake near me that I've always wanted to fish but it was owned by a private angling club with a long waiting list so I've never been able to. It was announced yesterday that someone has bought it and is doing it up over the next 12 months. It will be reopened as a day ticket water and contains carp to over 30 lbs. Can't wait to fish it.

Aaaaaahhhhh, fishing, a sport which requires no skill! :D

I'll just go to Waitrose and buy some fish and spend the rest of my day doing something productive, much easier than lugging stuff around :P

Sam has it right though - wheels make everything easier.

Lost our family budgie on Tuesday night,searched for hours...no sigh....2 days searching...nothing.....gutted,placed an ad on ukpetregister and got a call last night from a local lady who works at the local pet store,builder found him a few miles away,another couple called the pet store and they took him in,then saw our ad....a very happy ending :)...there are lovley people still around every corner :)

I'm not sure if they're trolling or not? Being Daily Fail readers, I doubt they've enough of a sense of irony to grasp trolling, which is depressing, as their real views seem to suck!

Seeing the look on my kids' faces when they saw the 106" projector screen in the living room

The older one just stood there in awe while the 3 year old told me "Daddy, I LOVE our new cimema"

They then ran upstairs to get their money boxes to buy me some popcorn :)

Priceless!