jamesfoley

2003 330Ci M Sport

Needed to change from my Subaru WRX, so I went and bought my first BMW, an E46 330Ci M Sport in Titan Silver with 80k on the clock.

Dsbqfu7.jpg

rDnJKD8.jpg

Ms8lNv4.jpg

Here is the spec sheet:

• S210A Dynamic stability control
  • S226A Sports suspension settings
  • S249A Multifunction f steering wheel
  • S302A Alarm system
  • S338A M Sports package II
  • S403A Glass roof, electrical
  • S428A Warning triangle and first aid kit
  • S431A Interior mirror with automatic-dip
  • S438A Fine wood trim
  • S441A Smoker package
  • S459A Memory Seat adjuster, electric, with memory
  • S481A Sports seat
  • S488A Lumbar support, driver and passenger
  • S502A Headlight cleaning system
  • S508A Park Distance Control (PDC)
  • S521A Rain sensor
  • S534A Automatic air conditioning
  • S644A Preparation f mobile phone w Bluetooth
  • S661A Radio BMW Business (C43)
  • S672A CD changer for 6 CDs
  • S674A Hi-Fi System Harman Kardon
  • S710A M leather steering wheel
  • S716A Aerodynamics package
  • S760A High gloss shadow line
  • S775A Headlining anthracite
  • S785A White direction indicator lights
  • S789A BMW LA wheel, Individual
  • L812A NATIONAL VERSION GREAT BRITAIN
  • S850A Additional Export tank filling
  • S863A Retailer Directory Europe
  • S877A Delete cross-pattern operation
  • S880A On-board vehicle literature English
  • S915A Delete clear coat

Already sorted a few bits out on it:

• Swapped out the tape player with something a little more usable, bluetooth and USB are the main things I use
  • Wrapped the wood trim in a black carbon vinyl
  • Swapped out the long wooden gear knob with the short leather one
  • Fixed the sunshade as it was off its tracks (some rather expensive small plastic clips)
  • CDV delete
  • Touched up the leather with some black dye

All in all I'm really happy with the car, it does have some slight bubbling of rust on the arches and an ever so small dent just under the passenger side tail light, but the car goes into the bodyshop next week to have everything sorted. The wheels are also corroded pretty bad so they're also getting acid dipped and re-painted next week. LED tail lights are also on the list when it comes back from the bodyshop.

Figured my first post might as well be a photo thread, and I'll post updates as I do them :)

Edited by jamesfoley

Welcome mate I was same had s subaru for a while but horrible road noise nice power but I like the BMW comforts

Yea, the WRX was a nice car, it just wasn't very good as a daily to work and back :D

I am lucky enough not have to use my motor every day or for work but every time I drive my Impreza foot was always down lol

Welcome mate I was same had s subaru for a while but horrible road noise nice power but I like the BMW comforts

Yea, the WRX was a nice car, it just wasn't very good as a daily to work and back :D

Seems like a made the right choice when I got my E46 then, as it was a toss up between it and an impreza and once I drove the BMW I didn't even bother going to look at the impreza I'd found.

Looks like you've found a nice one there too.

Thanks for the comments guys. The plan was to find a completely stock 330Ci, so I'm really happy with how clean it is.

As for mods, being my first BMW I don't really know what I can potentially do. I guess browsing around the forum will give me some good ideas, but I do like the idea of keeping the car as clean as I can.

Just a quick question, is the shark fin on this fake?

x2.

This looks almost identical to mine, (mine being a few months younger no doubt as it's a 2003 facelift model) and mine doesn't have the shark fin.

Overall though, looks VERY tidy.

Top tip, keep on top of that paintwork, mines started to rust up where the stone chips are etc now! Something I wished i had repaired as soon as i got it 2 years ago.

Just a quick question, is the shark fin on this fake?

x2.

This looks almost identical to mine, (mine being a few months younger no doubt as it's a 2003 facelift model) and mine doesn't have the shark fin.

Overall though, looks VERY tidy.

Top tip, keep on top of that paintwork, mines started to rust up where the stone chips are etc now! Something I wished i had repaired as soon as i got it 2 years ago.

I do have the phone cradle in the centre console where a phone should clip into, and looking at http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/E46-Coupe/Europe/330Ci-M54/R-N/2003/browse/communication_systemsit does look like a fin can be involved at some point.

The car does go into the bodyshop to have everything sorted on Monday (rusty arches, small dent and various stone chips), fingers crossed everything is easy to fix!

Just got the car back from the bodyshop to sort my bubbling arches

x80kg0H.jpg

3YmiSAz.jpg

Done a pretty good job to be honest. Got them to sort a nasty scuff on the front bumper, and pulled a dent out from just under the passenger side tail light. Annoyingly I should have got the whole car machine polished, but the bill was getting rather expensive, so that'll be one for next month.

Should hopefully get my MV1s back tomorrow too after an acid dip and refurb, should look awesome with new centre caps and M badge stickers. Got a set of gloss black grills from SSDD MotorSport which came today too, so I'll post some new photos when everything is fitted and cleaned as the car is pretty dirty at the moment.

Another quick update to project super clean coupe, just got back my MV1s from the refurb guys. They look amazing with new centre caps and M badges.

dlNrOYL.jpg5M6vfzx.jpg

Next on the list is to get the car cleaned and polished, and then look into LED angel eyes, LED interior lights, and LED tail lights.

Looks absolutely great!

How much did the rust bubble repairs set you back in the end?

The bodywork I had done came to £520, that included both rear arches, a dent repair on the rear passenger side panel, a horrible scuff on the bottom of the front bumper, and some cleaning of a few rusty stone chips along with a bit of touch up paint just to take your eye off them.

Wheels ended up costing £300, they were just acid dipped and repainted in the original colour.

Seems like a lot when you add it all up, but I plan on keeping it a while so I'd rather keep the car in the best shape possible :)

Cheers mate.

That's exactly the reason I asked actually, I'm planning on keeping mine for awhile too so it's good to know the rough price you paid! I've got very similar problems with my paintwork.