whatcangowrong

Viewing a 330ci tomorrow, but door seals perished!

As above I'm going to look at a 2000 330ci tomorrow (if the seller is available) everything sounds good about it apart from both front door are perished.

Which i thought would be an easy fix but from what I've read their not cheap and a pain to fit!

If they are just a bit on the 'dry side' could i bring them back to life with some rubber treatment, such as http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Einszett-Gummi-Pflege-Rubber-Care-Stick-100ml-/251422930485?_trksid=p2054897.l4275 ??

Or does it mean a replacment is needed ?

Edited by whatcangowrong

Well I've spoke to the guy about the seals and it's more that they have come unstuck a bit than anything, which (from reading threads/stickys on here) is more than a common thing on the coupes... so looks like I've have to read through the 'door seal' tread and find out what glue works the best!!

Well I've spoke to the guy about the seals and it's more that they have come unstuck a bit than anything, which (from reading threads/stickys on here) is more than a common thing on the coupes... so looks like I've have to read through the 'door seal' tread and find out what glue works the best!!

I siliconed mine and they've held just fine the last few months!

It has been lowered looking at that, looks like they fitted an M bumper at some point too.

What's your plans for it?

I thought it had, well saves doing it myself lol No mad plans for it, get it serviced for piece of mind, oem look, keep it clean!

Look good with an M Sport rear bumber and some gloss black door trims that!

Yeah it does need M rear bumper to finish the look, maybe in the future once the service and little bits are done ;)