Jard

330d Tuning (Decats, EGR blanks, intercoolers and remaps)

Noticing the difference without viscous fan is in your head I'm afraid, the load it puts on the engine is minimal, it's like using alloy pulleys, it's just a talking point.

There's a few of us pushing 330d's at the moment, Chris is running over 400hp, Lee is not far behind with circa 360, myself and Mikey on our way to follow suite [emoji106]

Well its working for me so I'm happy sticking to it. Not planning to sell the viscous fan at the mo though. We've already talked about this on the 330d facebook page so I think we need to agree to disagree.

What setup are you running Todd?

Wheres Chris with his twin turbo setup? Or is he keeping it quiet until its all built?

Isn't Jake selling his twin turbo tourer? I'm intrigued to see how what a port and polish will do, its not a mod you hear of people doing on diesels generally.

Edited by dooge

Chris is still building his twin setup, jakes 335d turbo setup is on a saloon not a tourer but the car may be up for sale soon. Unfortunately I have seen dyno tests on a few cars, including one owned myself and removing the viscous on a s14a made 2hp diffrence, not a hope in noticing on the road. That 2hp could also be claimed by so many other variables. On the s14a we did it more for space factor.

I think glen has played with the airflow on the heads, there's lots going on behind the scenes. Mine currently is full decatted stainless exhaust, egr delete and mapped out, de flapped, large fmic, glens map, quaife diff and Sachs racing clutch. Just bought a nice turbo, which hopefully will go on soon

Quite right Todd, Glen has just fished up on a head for his but his is for the 320d not 330d, Chris has been confusing me a little lately, he was talking about making the car more comfortable as a daily but at the same time this twin turbo work is going on? Irrespective I'm excited to see what he pulls out of the bag :)

Chris was going to sell up and move on to another project but he has taken this route and should be a monster. I've come away from Facebook so am not admin on the group at the moment, but still speak to Chris, Jake and glen via text. My turbo has just been supplied by Chris and I'm hoping for at least 380hp from it, I just gotta collect couple of bits and give my wallet a rest after taking a bashing this month. I also had to have my boot floor repaired and strengthened lol.

If you want everything done right these cars can be money pits. But I'd rather see it done properly than bodge it.

Sounds like good progress, I was talking to Glen last night through Facebook about intercooler temps. The stock intercooler is so restrictive because of heatsoak when flooring it, I am surprised BMW decided on such a small unit. And Glen's mods for his 320d are genius, I never would have considered that in a million years!

And yours should make more than enough Todd

Its good that people are still pushing the levels of these cars, 3 or 4 years ago most people were happy to bolt on a decat and get a remap and call it quits.

Difficulty I am finding it deciding on a size and shape of intercooler. I think after talking to Glen I've decided on a Darkside Developments bar and plate jobbie which should be far better than original.

The flywheel in the earlier pic was wrong, 5mm to big on the crown gear, wouldn't mesh right with the starter, new one being machined, just put the billet in this afternoon, hopefully have something more visually appealing by the end of the week.

image.jpeg