LiamGTR

Real World MPG Difference: 320Cd & 330Cd

For argument sake lets say both cars are same; age, colour, spec, m sport & facelift.

Pistonheads seems to have the 320 upto 49 mpg whereas the 330 only upto 32?

Is the 320 that much better in terms of MPG.

Edited by LiamGTR

Nope! There's a difference but not as bad as that..

My brother had a 320d sport 6 speed, I have a 330d sport 6 speed (so both later "N" engines).

We live a couple of streets away from eachother, used to work about 100m away from eachother so used to do the same daily commute.

He used to get 430-450miles from a full tank of fuel. I got ~400miles from a tank of fuel. After remap mine went up to 450miles from a tank.

Funny how each day i'd get to work well before him though! :P

Nope! There's a difference but not as bad as that..

My brother had a 320d sport 6 speed, I have a 330d sport 6 speed (so both later "N" engines).

We live a couple of streets away from eachother, used to work about 100m away from eachother so used to do the same daily commute.

He used to get 430-450miles from a full tank of fuel. I got ~400miles from a tank of fuel. After remap mine went up to 450miles from a tank.

Funny how each day i'd get to work well before him though! :P

I didn't think it would have been that much of a difference but thought I'd be sensible to get some real world MPG. I'm tempted by another 320Cd with CSL wheels but might wait until a nice 330Cd comes round and then spend a little money getting it mapped in hope it'll give me my money back over my 3 years travelling to Uni.

I havent had my 04 plate manual 330cd very long and due to knackered thermostats I have been getting poor MPG. Currently getting around 32mpg according to OBC but havent done a full tank fillup yet.

My 04 plate manual 320cd used to get 600 miles from brimming to red light coming on which equated to mid 40s.

Edited by dooge

ive been doing a few more longer journies than usual,and trip says 45.1, but im actually getting 39 mpg that is for the last £148 of diesel and ive done 1157 miles,i think thats about right ,mine is mapped and egr delete mqnual 6 sp

I have a 330d auto, my daily commute is approx 18miles each way and a combination of mixed speed b roads and about a mile urban or so into city and im getting 42.8 indiciated which ive worked out that my obc to be within approx 5% accuracy (40ish) and on a run I get 47-50. Thats running solely on V Power or BP ultimate

Edited by Chrissyp83

Ive just changed my thermostats, coolant and oil and around town Im getting about 30mpg according to the OBC. Im going to fill up and see what I get out of it but I expected to be getting a little better out of it so far....

*update* I have done my commute to work, 17 miles, 6 in town and the rest on B roads, got roughly 40 mpg combined but higher on the B roads.

Edited by dooge

I have a 330CD and on a run being well behaved I can have 620 miles with the OBC saying I have 50 left in the tank. This equates to a real world 49.5 MPG just taking another 20/30 miles instead of the full 50. However, that is if you are very well behaved and lucky with traffic.

Generally, I've been getting 45.6.

Now the schools are back and my commute is f**ked with traffic, it's closer to 40.

Purely around town and s**tty driving you'll see 30's - don't bother with a diesel for town driving though, we all know that.

If your doing high mileage and good long free journeys the difference in MPG will not be too much against the 320CD. (Though I imagine that thing is capable of a real world 55MPG pretty easy) so just weigh it up! Any questions give me a shout!

Can anyone comment on a 330d auto?

Circa 75,000 worth of tracked miles - 330d auto estate, 184 version but with Angel Tuning remap. Averaged 38mpg across that period - mixed driving throughout really but with a slight twist towards traffic heavy dual carriageways

Foot.......in........carpet

Can anyone comment on a 330d auto?

My 320cd manual remapped never seemed to run out of fuel. My 330cd auto is a different story though.

I've only had it a few days so still flooring it everywhere I go. I did expect to see a big drop in all fairness

my 330cd auto was only ever driven hard -80% town driving

averaged around 28 summer and 25 winter.

itd go above 40mpg on a longer run