JackE46

coupe rear quarter panel rust

6 minutes ago, chocka said:

From a guy on ebay in Dewsbury, only 15 miles from me so picked them up and had a good conversation with the guy - crabblaneparts

£109 each but as I collected got them both for £175, perfect fit and a good colour match (mine is Silbergrau)

do both facelift & pre-facelift

Thats a fair price but saloon wings are a LOT cheaper than the coupe ones.

Cheapest I've found for new coupe wings is £109 a side without paint.

Just picked mine up from BMW.

Surprise, surprise they told me its had paint on the wings before. Reading 288 microns and should be around 120....

Fair enough

However given the list of items on health check that shouldn't be on there (and some which should but weren't picked up) I'd like the check they haven't told me any porkies.

Does anyone know where the best place to get them measured independently would be?

Cheers

Ben

Edited by bennno2005

3 hours ago, chocka said:

From a guy on ebay in Dewsbury, only 15 miles from me so picked them up and had a good conversation with the guy - crabblaneparts

£109 each but as I collected got them both for £175, perfect fit and a good colour match (mine is Silbergrau)

do both facelift & pre-facelift

been on crabblaneparts eBay page says they can get any e46 whether it be loon, cab/coupe etc facelift and pre facelift in whatever colour so messaged them now. hoping for best

as for the rear quarters still waiting to hear from BMW however I'm off abroad tomorrow so unless they call in the morning it may be another week till I know 

13 minutes ago, calw123 said:

Are the ones from crabblaneparts oem new or used ??

not sure however this is the description 

"Brand new, insurance approved replacement driver side front wing for the 1998-2006 BMW 3-series 4 door saloon and Touring Estate models, supplied professionally painted "

obviously ill ill be getting coupe facelift though, just spoke to him he said he will sort me a pair out brand new just waiting for price 

3 hours ago, bennno2005 said:

Just picked mine up from BMW.

Surprise, surprise they told me its had paint on the wings before. Reading 288 microns and should be around 120....

Fair enough

However given the list of items on health check that shouldn't be on there (and some which should but weren't picked up) I'd like the check they haven't told me any porkies.

Does anyone know where the best place to get them measured independently would be?

Cheers

Ben

Same with me, however my highest reading was only 150 so i really dont agree with him at all, i dont believe its had any work at all other than the wing below! My readings were from 80-130 generally.

Anything starting with a 2 has had work before, 288 is really high.

It's funny really as my car had a new wing under insurance last year (didnt tell the bloke this) and he was all like "see, this is a perfect original panel, no corrosion" (measured around 80), then measured my rear arch which was 150 and said it had been done before!

So i stripped off my side skirts cleaned the sills and off i went to stratstone chesterfield they've photo'd it and i await another phone call :D surprisingly they was on 2 5p sized bits of rust but i though whilst its in warrenty i'll get it done so im stripping the front and rear bumpers off in the next fortnight to check there too :)

On 14 March 2016 at 20:31, calw123 said:

So i stripped off my side skirts cleaned the sills and off i went to stratstone chesterfield they've photo'd it and i await another phone call :D surprisingly they was on 2 5p sized bits of rust but i though whilst its in warrenty i'll get it done so im stripping the front and rear bumpers off in the next fortnight to check there too :)

mine has been in just over for a week, spoke to them and they said could be another two weeks, bit annoying as I had it booked in for new exhaust on 24th and hate this mini :lol: