Sign in to follow this  
dec74n

Rear arch bubbling

Though car is back on the road, it stood for 3 years and in that time the arches started to bubble. One side is worse than the other.

Though I plan on keeping the car along time, budget and being realistic I won’t be getting the rear arches cut and replaced, so who has faced this and had it repaired, how did it go and how much? And how bad was yours?

Will post photos once figure how to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i hd my arch damamged,,but was rusty also,,i had all the arch repaired/painted etcthe arch bit that sticks out was basically flat,,anyway the guy that done mine has a reputation of being cheap and not the best,,anyway the work looked ok but if you got really picky then it wasnt 100%,,it was just my daily car and the worked still looked ok,,and wait for it£100 i was charged,,this was around 3-4 years ago,,the rust had started to come back through,,the drivers arch on the other hand had a little rust at that time,,and bubbling a little in2013 when i bought it,,but when i sold it 4 weeks ago it was terrible,all the way round the arh,,pieces dropping off on the inner lip and it had spread onto the panel between the door and rear arch/wing...if your keeping the car i wpuld get it cut out,,its the only way

agreed, if the car is a keeper then have it done properly, you'll waste a lot of time and money yet it won't look great and it won't be long before it shows signs of damage again.