LJColeman

330i Saloon (E46 number 4!)

Looking good. How are you finding that head unit?
I have a black 320i saloon, so not as quick and I have an SE with the Mtec 1 bumpers. I'm a fan of the saloons over coupes too. They can't be made to look quite as sporty as rear spoilers don't suit a saloon etc, but there's something about them I prefer.
Mine tramlines on 18's but I believe I need new lower wishbone bushes too. Meyle Heavy Duty ones are best this side of poly bushes apparently. They're cheaper on eBay than Lemforder from Eurocarparts. I'm led to believe that Lemforder are the OE manufacturer and they've done well on my Mrs' 325i, albeit hers are knackered again now thought. 
Kirkynut 
Love the Head unit, works really well and haven't had any lagging. (I only really use it for Spotify & Google maps)

I'm planning to MOT the car over Christmas and check all the bushes. On the list so far is:

2x lower wishbones
Polly bushed wishbone bushes
Polly bushed trailing arm bushes

Ive also just ordered eibach Pro kit springs & thicker rear spring pads to level up the ride height.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

So, found a nail & buldge in the OSR tyre (which was nearly brand new) so had to replace that.

I then got home today and noticed both front tyres are showing canvas on the inner edge!

So 2 more tyres to be fitted tomorrow!

My eibach Pro kit springs also arrived today along with my i6 automotive disa valve repair kit, both will be fitted Saturday morning.

2x front tyres replaced today, drives much better now!

I also got chance to put it on a ramp and have a good look over the car, I was pleased to find everything looks good underneath apart from some slight play in the front control arm bushes. I'll upgrade those to powetflex after Christmas.

I also got chance to fit my i6 disa valve kit - another thing off the list

Have you had your tracking checked with tyre wear like that?
No but its booked in for 4 wheel alignment on the 29th.

I know what's caused it anyway, when I bought the car the front tyre pressures were set to 1.2 bar instead of 2.9!

Managed to get my Eibach springs fitted after work tonight.

I also fitted a 10mm spring pad to the OSR to make the rear ride height level. It seems to have done the trick so I'll check again once springs have settled.

15mm spacers next 5b0681282ce7cbdc891922c1961c244f.jpg

On 26/12/2018 at 07:22, kirkynut said:

My sits level on new Eibachs without a bigger spring pad.

Kirkynut 

Unfortunately mine still had the typical E46 lean to the OSR. The larger spring pad has sorted this, I have 3 different thickness pads so even if the springs settle i can swap to a different pad to level the car out. At the time being the rear ride height/arch gap is identical each side.

Had the Old girl MOT'd today & she passed with only a few advisories that i was already aware of:

NSF lower arm bush worn (Already ordered powerflex replacements)

Both front brake pipe flexi's perished (Already ordered replacements)

Rear metal brake pipes slightly corroded (Ive greased these but will look to replace in the summer)

I have also ordered some service parts whilst ECP have a discount on:

Oil & Filter

Spark plugs

Air Filter

Pollen Filter

Will look to carry out the service over the weekend.

Looking good! 

Can you notice the difference with the new front wishbone bushes on? 

You're tempting me with that Android head unit now. 

I still need to get new wishbones and bushes but have had a fair bit of expense recently and no time. 

Kirkynut