Splondike

DSC, Handbrake and ABS lights on and Speedo not working

Hi all, my little track hearse is playing up.  I have not used it for about 4 weeks as I have been unwell, went out yesterday and have the DSC, Handbrake and ABS lights are on and speedo not working.

I have had a read up and I know the wheel sensors can cause this ( they were renewed a few months ago and no issue until now ).  Also I noticed the blue and yellow wire in the second picture is not connected to anything, could this be related ? as I have not noticed it being adrift before.   (before I start removing wheels and checking sensors)

Thanks in advance for any assistance :)

dash.jpg

wire.jpg

Edited by Splondike

A code reader is a lot cheaper than throwing random parts at the car. The chance of the internet people knowing what the wires are for is very low. So you will have to go find the wiring/circuit diagrams and read them yourself.

If the speedo was working 4 weeks ago, and you didn't cut the wires yourself in the mean time, then the wires can't be responsible for the speedo problems.

Both rear ABS sensors had been replaced recently (with cheap and nasty ones).  So I removed and cleaned out the hubs with brake cleaner and an airline.  This brought the speedo back to life but lights still on.  I bought a new sensor for the drivers side from BMW and replaced it and now all it back to normal.   So buy cheap, buy twice as most of us know.  I would not have put cheap and nasty ones on myself but hey ho its working now.

Next to replace the cheap and nasty throttle cable that was also renewed at the time as  the sensors and has also broken off at the pedal end !  Will get one from BMW when they re-open.  Next to install the harness bar and carry on with the weight loss program !

Stay safe everyone.