Sign in to follow this  
momo

Parking sensors - alternative options

Afternoon all!

Thought i'd post some useful info I found.

OEM parking sensors are still around £120 each, even from the forum sponsors (or maybe a little cheaper).

Most people go with the £20 eBay sensors that are extremely hit-and-miss, but seemingly more miss than hit. Even if they work they normally wont work for long. OEM sensors should last ~10yrs.

There used to be the option of buying the Land Rover branded sensors as BMW owned LR at the time so the Disco 3 used the E46 sensors. Those were Part No: YDB500301PMA. But I found that they were up around the £100ea range so there's no point considering them anymore.

So after some digging I found out that Valeo manufacture the sensors for BMW/LR and their part number is 890058.

Only place I found to get them is AutoDoc - but they're around the £55-65 price range (it varies from what i've seen, and remember that these will come in from Europe so worth noting post Brexit).

I compared the sensors and they're 95% the same with the only difference being there's no BMW branding stamped on. The part numbers formed in the plastic are identical though.

Hopefully this is useful to someone.

Thanks

Edited by momo