om330

Aero Boot Spoiler Fitting help

Hi, I recently bought an aero spoiler for my coupe which I am currently painting.

aerospoiler_zps1ffec3d6.jpg

The spoiler has two studs to fix to the boot lid and I will use some tiger seal as well to secure it.

Drilling the bootlid is a bit of a concern but I am confident I can get it right with lots of measuring and templates.

My question is how to fit the nuts to the studs once the spoiler is in position as I can't see any access from the inside of the boot lid. Will I need to drill two large holes to get access to the studs from inside and then fill these with rubber grommets afterwards or is there some other way to access the inner part of the lid?

Edited by om330

Please don't fit this!

But if you insist... yes you need to drill to get access.

IIRC the one on my old loon the nuts were on the very edge of the boot and easily accesible.

If it is different for the coupe you may have to take the boot lining out

Please don't fit this!

Why not?

I think this is one of the better boot spoilers for the coupe. Mine needs something on the boot as it has nothing at the moment. I was considering a standard lip spoiler, really want CSL but too expensive to do it right so this was the next best thing and got it cheap from a fellow zoner.

What does everyone else think?

Aero spoiler

Lip spoiler

No spoiler

Its your car bud, if you like it fit it.

My old loon had one fitted and I liked it for the 7 or so years I drove it.

Lip spoilers I really dont like, they just look like a cheap piece of stick-on plastic.

IIRC the one on my old loon the nuts were on the very edge of the boot and easily accesible.

If it is different for the coupe you may have to take the boot lining out

Cheers B0B. I haven't measured yet so not sure where the studs will come through but visually it looks like they will not be easy access and so I may need to cut into the inner boot shell to access them.

I do like the spoiler so reckon it will be going on. Just don't like the idea of butchering the boot lid...

aerospoiler2_zps2fdd4d20.jpg

Why not?

I think this is one of the better boot spoilers for the coupe. Mine needs something on the boot as it has nothing at the moment. I was considering a standard lip spoiler, really want CSL but too expensive to do it right so this was the next best thing and got it cheap from a fellow zoner.

What does everyone else think?

Aero spoiler

Lip spoiler

No spoiler

Because

skitching.jpg

If you must fit a spoiler, I'd go with lip spoiler as it's much more discreet.

It's your car though, I think my signature still says everything I post is just my opinion!

Edited by mit

Thanks & everyone is entitled to an opinion and I welcome the feedback.

Defo don't want a Gary Wing but do want something a bit more than the lip.

Still undecided so I will offer it up once I've finished the paint job and take it from there.

Cheers :thumbsup:

My aerosol paint job didn't quite turn out how I planned despite all the prep and a perfect colour match the final coats of lacquer reacted leaving a dimpled finish :(

So, spoiler now off to the paint shop to get done properly.

In the meantime, I have been hunting high and low for a fitting template for this spoiler but can't find anything anywhere!

Anyone know if there is a fitting template for this Aero spoiler and if so where I can get it?

Otherwise, it's going to be a big piece of cardboard and go at it with the mains drill :wacko:

cheers