nutrunner

330 ci tyre pressure

Welcome to the Zone :D

You should have a sticker on the inside of the drivers door, from memory it's 36 front, 42 rear.  I always found the rears too 'crashy' so reduced them a tad. 

Edited by Daz 330 Cs

Yes the above sounds similar to the pressures on my 'vert with 18s. I tried running the pressures a few psi higher than the unloaded numbers, for better tyre life/mpg, mid-way in between the unloaded and fully loaded numbers, and got a lot of tyre wear on the rears in the centre of the tyre only. So it does seem like the recommmended rear pressures are on the borderline of being too high.

Seems funny that the rears are recomended to be 6psi higher than the fronts when the car's weight distribution is pretty much 50:50, unless it's due to the wider tyres in some way.

Edited by Tim-Ci

on my 330d its 38 rears and 36 fronts as it says in the handbook

On ‎01‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 09:35, Tim-Ci said:

I tried running the pressures a few psi higher than the unloaded numbers, for better tyre life/mpg, mid-way in between the unloaded and fully loaded numbers, and got a lot of tyre wear on the rears in the centre of the tyre only. So it does seem like the recommmended rear pressures are on the borderline of being too high.

This is what happened when I ran psi to the book. 32 all round gives a good ride with handling to match and even tyre wear.