E46ste

lacquering cube interier trim?

hi there, has anyone just simply lacquered their black cube trim?

I'm after a fresher look and thought just a simple coat of lacquer would make a huge difference.

any pics if you've done this?

thanks.

8 hours ago, E46ste said:

I'm after a fresher look and thought just a simple coat of lacquer would make a huge difference.

thanks.

Yep, I have and it brought them up a treat. If they're really scratched it won't hide all the scratches but if they're just a bit dull like mine were it brought them up like new. I will dig out some pics when I'm next at my PC with camera.

On the door handle things I first gave them a couple of very light coats of gloss black - VERY light so as not to fill in the pattern - then gave them several coats of lacquer - the results were amazing!

11 hours ago, E46ste said:

thanks.

Just remembered there's a picture of my lacquered trims in my build thread, hopefully the link below takes you to the page the picture is on, if not have a look through, there's not many pages and there's a picture in there somewhere. I'll post up a few more when I'm at my work pc next.

15 hours ago, Ruesta said:

Yep, I have and it brought them up a treat. If they're really scratched it won't hide all the scratches but if they're just a bit dull like mine were it brought them up like new. I will dig out some pics when I'm next at my PC with camera.

On the door handle things I first gave them a couple of very light coats of gloss black - VERY light so as not to fill in the pattern - then gave them several coats of lacquer - the results were amazing!

Thanks for that, just checked out your thread looks great, that's how I thought it would look. going to have a go this evening.

On 11/08/2016 at 09:20, E46ste said:

Thanks for that, just checked out your thread looks great, that's how I thought it would look. going to have a go this evening.

Good luck with it mate. A few thin coats of lacquer should bring it up real nice. Might be worth grabbing a few of those red clip things for the dash trims, if they're the originals a few will probably break as you remove the trims.

Ebay ones worked ok for me :-) 

Sprayed today. Just lacquer. Looks great. Rears are already in and look good, really shiney. Maybe if I was to do it again id flash in black first to get rid of a few scratches etc like you said. But still happy with results. Almost looks carbon now. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg