Wash Posted December 22, 2011 Report Share Posted December 22, 2011 I recently bought another car and thought I'd share it here... It's a 2007 Mazda 3 1.6D. I thought it was going to be pretty slow but it's not really, it feels really 'torquey'. It's a little gutless in 1st and perhaps in 2nd but once you get to third gear and you get past 2K RPM, you start to pick up pace because you can fully use the boost from the turbo. That said, it does encourage you to drive in a relaxed manner and the ride is a million times better than the ride in my E46 (probably to do with the 16" alloys and the big tyre side walls). It's really good on fuel too, I've done 53 town miles and I've used about an eighth of a tank, (the quoted combined MPG figure is around 65). As for plans, well both the rear anti roll bar ball joints have some play in them as noted in the MOT advisory page so they need to be changed in the next few months other than that, not much else for now. I haven't got many pics other than these two s**tty ones taken with my phone. If this gains any interest (which I doubt lol), I may take some more. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jay. Posted December 22, 2011 Report Share Posted December 22, 2011 Looks a good little run about Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Keith Posted December 22, 2011 Report Share Posted December 22, 2011 A 1.6 Diesel? I didn't know they made diesels smaller than 1.9! That must be insanely frugal. How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Wash Posted December 22, 2011 Author Report Share Posted December 22, 2011 Looks a good little run about Yep, my E46 used to do about 20mpg so this saves me loads of money in fuel A 1.6 Diesel? I didn't know they made diesels smaller than 1.9! That must be insanely frugal. How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking? VW makes a 1.2l diesel engine for the polo! I paid 5K for it. It has full Mazda dealership service history and had a full service inc clutch and brake pads + discs in August 2011 too. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jay. Posted December 22, 2011 Report Share Posted December 22, 2011 5k bloody hell that's a lot for a run about mate! You could have gotten a 320cd I know shoulda woulda coulda its just what I would have spent 5k on but your prob not interested in that @ Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Keith Posted December 22, 2011 Report Share Posted December 22, 2011 Wow, £5k seems a lot. But I suppose in times like these, small, reliable and frugal diesels are in demand. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Wash Posted December 22, 2011 Author Report Share Posted December 22, 2011 5k bloody hell that's a lot for a run about mate! You could have gotten a 320cd I know shoulda woulda coulda its just what I would have spent 5k on but your prob not interested in that @ I think I'm going to be keeping it for a few years bud. I needed something with 5 doors because a coupe was too impractical for me (I'm on constant taxi duty ). I was looking at Audi A3s and could've got an 05 A3 for 5K but this Mazda is 3 years newer so it's likely to have a lot less that needs doing. Insurance is cheap, tax costs £90 for a year and parts are cheap too. In the long run, I'm better off with one of these. Being a jap, it's pretty much bulletproof, the only thing that worries me is the DPF because I do 99% town mileage so the DPF won't have much chance to regenerate. Wow, £5k seems a lot. But I suppose in times like these, small, reliable and frugal diesels are in demand. Yeah I guess it is but it's not too bad considering I'm going to be spending very little on maintenance. You can buy a new turbo for around £350, for a 320d a new turbo would be £700-800. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jay. Posted December 22, 2011 Report Share Posted December 22, 2011 Dpf delete mate Sounds a good work horse Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Wash Posted December 22, 2011 Author Report Share Posted December 22, 2011 Dpf delete mate Sounds a good work horse DPF delete costs £500! I'd rather keep it in and take it for a motorway blast once in a while so the DPF can regen lol Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...