andym3

My E30 Vert Project

Nice looking E30 vert you had there! Why did you get rid of it? :)

I was a much loved project, the day i got it I drove it 80 miles in the rain with a failing alternator and a pretty much dead battery, was a drive I will never forget ;) , I painted and fitted the Tech 1 kit, fitted a new hood, sorted the alternator and a number of other electrical faults and then I picked up a black tech 1 sport 'vert for peanuts, I didn't have space for both of them at the time so the white one was sold for a very tidy profit, the black one was sorted out and then sold and replaced by a grey one, which got the works, Tech 2 kit, new roof, cruise control etc etc, took me 4 months to find the 16" Hartge rims, complete pro respray but after 3 years of E30's I wanted something newer so sold up and got the E46 'vert I have now (which is now for sale so I can get a 330 vert)

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj288/Bmwcab/100_0233.jpg

I'll have another E30 at some point just need to rebuild my garage this year before I can get one, Great cars to work on!!

Update:

Today I fitted the smoked front indicator lenses, fitted the K&N cone filter, changed the spark plugs & cut the near side front tow eye off!!! :lol: I had to cut one of the front tow eyes off due to fitting the tech 1 kit as the tech 1 only came with 1 front tow eye & my car has I mean had 2 ;)

Update:

Today I fitted the smoked front indicator lenses, fitted the K&N cone filter, changed the spark plugs & cut the near side front tow eye off!!! :P I had to cut one of the front tow eyes off due to fitting the tech 1 kit as the tech 1 only came with 1 front tow eye & my car has I mean had 2 :lol:

Yep, I remember doing that, the rear towering eye is too short once the rear valance is fitted you can get an extension for it that bolts on. When I fitted the side skirts I didn't want to drill into the sill so I used Tiger seal to fix the brackets on, really strong stuff but if you use this sand the back of the brackets first to give them a good key, once lined up and on the car leave them to dry for 24 hours before fitting the skirts.

Looking forward to the end result

Here's a few more pics for you all (click on images to view image in full size) -

andysphone030.th.jpg

andysphone031.th.jpg

andysphone039.th.jpg

The engine bay isn't very clean at the moment, but when the car is finished I will hopefully get the engine bay steam cleaned before the shows this summer! :lol:

car looks sweet, needs the tec 1 kit to finish off the outside. I'd also source some black leathers for it.

The Tech 1 kit is in my garage as we spk, just needs one more coat of paint and then can get it fitted! ;) You read my mind im on the look out for a black leather interior. :angry: