Sam

Introduce yourself

Hi all,

Nice to be here at last. I say at last as I've owned quite a few BMW's - E28, E34, 2x E36. Some good - some bad. But now I have gone and bought a 2001 E46 330ci Convertible. Schwartz Black with black leather. Manual transmission. Comes with a hard top. BBS LM alloys and stainless exhaust. Fantastic engine with an awesome sound. Plenty of power - Its a beast!

I have owned many cars in the past including: 4 Mk2 Golf GTi (an 8v and 3 16v), 205 GTi, Renault 5 GT Turbo phase 2, Nissan 200sx S13, Volvo C70 T5, Saab 9000 2.3T, Audi TT 225 and a Fiat Coupe 20VT. There are probably more....

Anyway, back to the E46. So far everything is good. Engine has done 136K but thats fine - my E36 328i Convertible has done 133K and was/is tight as a nut. I swear I would still be driving that car now if I hadn't prangled the front wing - but thats another story.

My only issue at the moment is getting hold of the Eonon D5113 sat nav software in order to make the sat nav work. This has been harder than it sounds. But I shall persevere and get there in the end. This car is a keeper and I look forward to many miles of Beemer ownwership again. And, I look forward to participating and learning stuff on this ace forum. Pics to follow when I've taken some.

Take it easy.

Oliver

PS, if anyone knows how to make my sat nav work, I would be eternally grateful!!

Welcome to the forum, that's some BMW pedigree :) If you don't get many answers here, pop over to the ICE thread and your likely to find someone to help with the eonon.

Thanks Maxtek. I must admit, there are one or two that I wish I still had now. There are one or two that were totally dull....Volvo C70 T5 being top of that list. Fiat Coupe 20VT was just something else. Wonderful in every way. :thumbup:

Thanks Maxtek. I must admit, there are one or two that I wish I still had now. There are one or two that were totally dull....Volvo C70 T5 being top of that list. Fiat Coupe 20VT was just something else. Wonderful in every way. :thumbup:

I'd absolutely love to own an E28 and E34. Used to want a MK2 Golf a lot but I've really gone off hatchbacks the last year or two. S13's are lovely too.

I'd absolutely love to own an E28 and E34. Used to want a MK2 Golf a lot but I've really gone off hatchbacks the last year or two. S13's are lovely too.

Yes, I love old 5 series and would defo have another....E39 540 is on my list. I loved the Golfs, but couldn't go back to owning one. I've got used to refinement now, haha! Having said that, I would have another R5GTT tomorrow. It was like a rocket powered wheelie bin - wonderful. :punk:

S13's ,like alot of Japanese motors, have all the statistics but lack character. But still, it was reliable and quick for a 1.8. Don't see (m)any around these days. Dissolved in a bit of drizzle rain, probably. :unsure:

I've recently taken a liking to E39's too, the M5's are a quite a nice price at the moment. The 80-90's era of BMW's are by far my absolute favourite cars.

I agree with the comment on the S13's/Jap cars. They look like cheap fun to a certain extend, hard to find much of that age now that hasn't got a horrific case of tin worm.

Hi,introducing myself my name is mike I'm 25 live in St. Albans Hertfordshire, I own a 330cd 2005 e46 in graphite grey, also a member of bmwland.iv done plenty of modifications and repairs to my car some of which I have documented with step by step photos, when I get time I will start a thread and upload them. For now heres a pic of my car !!

post-32016-0-79634500-1421504979_thumb.j

Hi all, My name is Kieran, 27, tree surgeon, got my first Beemer recently and fair to say im pretty impressed :) she's a 2000 pre-facelift e46 328ci in black, beautiful to drive and look at, standard apart from a set of 18" Beyern shoes, cant say I want to change the look much.. but any help or suggestions would always be welcome. Ill put up some pics as soon as I work out how on my phone, and thats about it :)

Edited by Kee21

Hi all my name is dan I'm 30 and live near chippenham wiltshire and I've just bought a 320d it's my first bmw and loving it so far [emoji4]

Nice mate! Do you have any plans for it?
yeah first thing will be to get a bit more power out of it so some sort of remap bluefin or something and refurb the wheels cos there not great that's as far as I've got [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk