Jump to content
autosri

Nitrous Update Direct Port

Recommended Posts

Spent all yesterday removing the inlet manifold and mounting the nozzles and refitting the lot and all I can say is what a bitch of a job it is to do

Here are the end results

Started like this

2e2573ef.jpg

All fitted and reassembled

4391bcb9.jpg

132dca0d.jpg

Might stick the black engine covers back on again it was just an experiment with the blue

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks good.

I might be looking to fit a nitrous sytem to my 320D after it has been mapped. I've heard good things with using NOS on a mapped diesel car.

Ben

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No you won't mate get a decent kit and follow the instructions and you will be fine I have gone through loads of bottles and mine is still perfect

Believe it or not your engine is a hell of alot stronger than my volvo lump, loads of people take risks having there ST over 300bhp ( they have cracked on stock aswell) as they can crack. It is rare but more Risky running more power :(

With the added heat of Nos it'll probs balls up the car :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i didnt realise they were that delicate mate i thought they were the new tuners engine you could always use it for antilag though

yeah it looked alot better in my head lol might take the fuel rail cover off and see how just the engine one looks on its own and then no doubt take them both off and put both black ones on lol

having a few troubles with it at the minute but they are just teething problems so will have them sorted and will be on a 125hp shot so should be fun just need to get the afr right

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still upping the jets at the minute I'm on 75 bhp I have some 100bhp jets to try over the weekend and then to the 125bhp jets

It feels fast but deceiving you put your foot down it comes in you feel it surge but then all of a sudden everything that was at the side of you has vanished

I recon with the 125 jets it will be faster than an m3 as there is do much torque and it's available so low like a diesel but still has all the power up the top end like a petrol

Really need it on the rollers again to see what it does

Link to comment
Share on other sites

my first bottle lasted a day or two but now realiticaly its every couple of weeks now and its 35 quid per refill its something silly like the bottle last about a minute but you only use it for a couple of seconds at a time but mostly it depends on jet sizes if you want a small increase it will last ages but if you want it to add hundreds of hp its not gunna last long

on my system there are a few safety bits that are all automated in the controller all you do is flick the arming switch and plant your foot and it will work you have a main kill switch and a WOT switch so as soon as the switch is on and your foot is full on the throttle the solenoids will work

on mine it has a few safety bits it uses the rpm signal to stop early activation and cuts off just before the rev limiter it checks bottle pressure is not too high to protect against lean out it checks fuel pressure is okay and once the system is running it checks the AFR and trims the fueling and adjusts where nessacery and has an alarm if it runs too lean and kills the system

you program the cotroller so it sees throttle position and tell it when to acivate too on mine

Edited by autosri
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Without dropping 5k on a charger you don't get many options

One thing I will say is make sure there is somewhere local to get the bottles filled

Got a meeting with Trev next week to discuss what we want and what he can deliver so will start a project thread when things get going.

How quick to you get through yours bud and do you have a local filler?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He is very forceful so be carful

When I had 150 jets in on the max extreme controller it didn't last long and got expensive because my local place shut so had to do an hour each way to get them filler

It was more fun with just the 75jets on the peddle switch if I'm honest

I don't have the car or kit any more as I sold it to a mate who still enjoys it

The controller was never very reliable with the Bmw as the electronics on the car got in the way and took the fun out of it also it's very hard to jet again cus the Bmw electronics kept over ruling the kit so the static test doesn't work at all in I ended up jetting way leaner than I expected

I'd recommend not getting a controller and getting a wideband instead but obviously your call

I'm not sure if he is there still but Ant is better to deal with

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got you mate. Thank for the advice. On another note, for the charger you were guoted 5k, who was that from please bud?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh and I found a good tweak to the direct port setup was replacing the red low pressure fuel line with the dmaller bore black higher pressure nitrous line

When I was testing the system I was getting the nitrous coming from the cross fire before the fuel

With the smaller bore black line it was exactly the same time for fuel and nitrous

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...