Deestylez.

Darius's Silbergrau 325 Ci.

I'd have thought with the mounting point on the shock being above the mount on the arb, and the shock mount for the droplink going higher(as you're raising the wheel in the arch) then longer would be better? Surely the mounting points are moving further away from each other?

Looking great!!

It's threads like this that make me wana go out and buy another e46 and do what you have done here!! Good work.

Thanks mate!, appreciate it ^_^ , yeah you should deffo look into getting another e46 m sport.. or maybe e46 M3? :D

Looking fab Daz ! Give it 2 weeks to settle, readjust (Drop it on the tyres) then go for the 4wheels alignement straight after

Thats the plan Dame!, thanks alot for all the advice anyway..top guy! :rolleyes:

I'd have thought with the mounting point on the shock being above the mount on the arb, and the shock mount for the droplink going higher(as you're raising the wheel in the arch) then longer would be better? Surely the mounting points are moving further away from each other?

Quite the opposite they are becoming closer together

Trust me, I've had 7 sets fitted now :lol:

Just so you know your two weeks started yesterday......... How you finding the ride?

Its been lowered on JOM colilovers and no complaints of yet, can feel the stiffness of the ride and don't mind it tbh, not too much of difference from OEM suspension,

Mind going from a e46 316 TI compact to 325 Ci, the difference in suspension is shocking, so i'm a bit used to a hard ride now ^_^

Hows yours going? I must come down and check yours out :thumbsup:

Its been lowered on JOM colilovers and no complaints of yet, can feel the stiffness of the ride and don't mind it tbh, not too much of difference from OEM suspension,

Mind going from a e46 316 TI compact to 325 Ci, the difference in suspension is shocking, so i'm a bit used to a hard ride now ^_^/>

Hows yours going? I must come down and check yours out :thumbsup:/>

Mines on the ta ones, now all my wishbone have been changed the car does feel much better... However they are still a little bouncy and I will be purchasing some HSD ones at some point.... Been waiting for a reply on style 32's from two people on this forum, and one on gumtree.... They were offered at good prices too :(

Well spring is coming soon so it be some decent whether so have to put them both together ;)

A Bit Off the e46 topic but my father recently picked up his new ride...

Said he only popped into Sytner, Cardiff for a coffee and a chat and ended up purchasing one of these bad boys!...

IMG_2041_zps7bc0c4c0.png

Along to go with his others...

e90 320d

IMG_0022_zpsce15b5e9.jpg

e36 323i

IMG_1504_zps5f1b7ea7.jpg

Also has an e83 X3 which is his main car, i will upload a pic when i get one ^_^

As you can see my fathers bit of a bmw nut, he's had a few e46's when i was growing up too, cant find any photos to show you the old ones that have come and gone! :(

Darius, did he have that e36 vert on ebay before xmas?

Im not sure mate!, he might of, atm its got no tax or mot, but he is planning to sort it, and then put it up for sale, its only got 70 k on the clock, full respray too, bodyworks mint too

A Couple days in now of the settling phase,

They are settling in nice and starting to look lower, but i am getting some rubbing over speedbumps on the rear arches, when i raise up and lower down off the beefy speed bumps,

Most of the time its fine, but still getting a bit of nudging on certain bumps...

The front is fine, like a dream, but the back i am a bit worried on what to do atm,

Will have to get some camber inwards on the rear when i get the 4 wheel alignment all done im thinking, or would anyone recommend anything else?

Is it rubbing on the bumper bracket where it attaches to the inner arch, think you can get 3mm of neg camber from the rear , it worked on mine but was a very slight rub, I'm running a 225/40 tyre with 20mm spacers

Edited by Dsport

I think running the 255's your going to struggle, will need the arches rolled as your running 15mm spacers.... i had this problem, fortunatly at the time my tyres didnt have much legal life in them so i replaced them asap to the 225/40/18s and it has loads of room now, personally i prefer the way the tyre fits to the rim too.

Just a quick picture of how it settled now,

IMG_2121_zps673e677d.jpg

Quite pleased how its looking at the moment but will do the final adjustments Wednesday, and get booked in for 4 wheel alignment and the whole works.

With regards to rubbing, i think its calmed down a bit now, clipping over speed bumps as such, but will opt to get some slight camber inwards on the rear wheels i think,

For the 1st time since i lowered it, I had 2 people in the back the other night and it seemed to rub alot over uneven roads, will camber sort that out surely as im running 15mm spacers on the rears?