Mizan

New To The Forum

I'm perhaps not as well-knowledged as others you spoke to, but there's really no harm in it. You should try to use the protective coating stuff that beads the water if your car is stored outside though...

I dont even own a convertible LOL

OP take Mit's advice over mine, he at least owns a convertible, I on the other hand could be completely wrong

And ye my car is my daily/only car and is stored outside, and I was thinking about getting some super hydrophobic applicant that you can get for clothes then put that on, but I don't really want to risk my hood so I'll just stick to the commercial stuff

I've finally got round and have ordered hid's and a set of angel eyes! can't wait!

I looked through thoroughly online and I think I have a decent idea of what to do, i've fitted them to a pre-facellift and e36 before, it's just the taking the headlamp off on the face-lift i'm a bit worried about, someone earlier mentioned you can use a hairdryer instead of an oven, when putting the headlights back together, can you reuse the same glue or is best to buy some and re-glue the headlights?

thanks

The weather down south was a nice a few weeks ago so I got clean it thoroughly and polish and here are the results

2012-11-29115034_zps67be8a33.jpg

I wish it was summer all the time

And I've finally got my angel eyes fitted :)

2013-01-02113707HDR_zps993d079a.jpg

And I have some pressed metal plates too

Edited by Mizan

Welcome to the Zone. Nice looking car, good combo. The M3 rims are not to my taste, but hey, it is your car so as long as you are happy - who cares.

As for cleaning the roof, I go with Mit, I used to just use normal car shampoo with no issues. Once in a while (say twice a year), I would give it a good clean with the Auto Glym kit, and apply the protector to it. Never had any issues at all.

Thanks

I don't mind the m3 rims but I will change them to maybe some CSL's or some LM's but they will do for now.

My current wheels are staggered so they have 255's on the back and are 18", can I fit 19" straight on to my car? or would I need to get my arches rolled?

Edited by Mizan

I got some LED number plate lights which set off the pressed plates nicely, I would have liked to get german lettering plates and a white rear plate but they're not road legal and I would be asking to get pulled over

2013-01-15175440HDR_zpsca552ef7.jpg

Starting to get worried you're chavving up your car with the pressed plates, HIDs, angels and carbon badges!

Stay away from ebay!!

Starting to get worried you're chavving up your car with the pressed plates, HIDs, angels and carbon badges!

Stay away from ebay!!

There not chavy mit! Blue headlight washers, neons and hid fogs are getting chavy lol. Carbon badges look ace :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

There not chavy mit! Blue headlight washers, neons and hid fogs are getting chavy lol. Carbon badges look ace :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

It's all relative. They certainly aren't classy.

Cheers guys,

Mit, chavs don't have pressed plates, DUB's doo, I like subtle mods to my cars, unless it's japanese then I would go all out just fulfill a childhood dream but only want to do a few more things to the exterior, carbon rear diffuser, black grills matched to the paint and some zito 935/cls gts like this car

and eventually I want to get a csl front bumper and bootlid (I'm justifying spending a lot on this car by telling myself I wont be able to afford the next car I want for a while...)

I won a competition a few weeks ago for a pair of components :D. Fitting was included too so this is the set I won.

2013-01-17133739_zpsb23c84b7.jpg

They replaced the old speakers and the sound is sooo much better but I'm going to eventually get the tweeters put into the a pillars and get them wired up to my amp.

My next thing for the car is going to be an induction, I want the AEM one but I can't seem to find a uk retailer and I'm not keen on it being almost exposed to the elements because this is the uk so i'm going to get a simota.

The components are rubbish, You need to sell them to me :thumbup:

Very nice prize, conect them to an amp and they should sound very good

lol, if they're rubbish why would you pay for them? :)

All depends on width of wheel, offset and tyre profile

and I want the staggered zito 935 csl gts, the ones with a deeper cave at the rear

I finally got an induction kit! I went for the k&n 57-1002 and I got it mainly because it makes use of the snorkel from the kidney grills and OMG it sounds amazing, people mentioned there ones have a nice growl, I swear this makes my car sound lambo'ish, I've never been in a lambo so I am probably horribly wrong about that, but it sounds incredible, I was expecting it to sound nice this is way beyond my expectation, my mpg is going to go down really quickly now.

2013-02-08155852_zps065b37d0.jpg