dannyb78 Posted February 25, 2014 Report Share Posted February 25, 2014 Long shot but trying to find the dimension of the holes centers for the 2 bolt flange fixing the downpipe/cat to the turbo. Can anybody help? I want to build a 2.5" decat pipe on Friday so sorting as much as poss before hand. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
CharlE46 Posted February 26, 2014 Report Share Posted February 26, 2014 (edited) I've may still have the remains of my old Turbo buried in the shed along with a digital vernier so will get some measurements for you (if it's still there) Charlie Edited February 26, 2014 by CharlE46 dannyb78 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dannyb78 Posted February 26, 2014 Author Report Share Posted February 26, 2014 I've may still have the remains of my old Turbo buried in the shed along with a digital vernier so will get some measurements for you (if it's still there) Charlie That will be great if you can... Thank you. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dannyb78 Posted February 27, 2014 Author Report Share Posted February 27, 2014 Any luck Charlie? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
CharlE46 Posted February 28, 2014 Report Share Posted February 28, 2014 Sorry Danny, been a crazy week at work, will tomorrow afternoon be too late? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dannyb78 Posted February 28, 2014 Author Report Share Posted February 28, 2014 Ok not to worry.. I am doing the exhaust tonight but just means I will have to cut the flange of current downpipe but not the end of the world.. going 2.5" decat and de secondary cat into twin 330d factory exhaust. I have made a dummy cat where secondary will be but its a tube running through the middle of it. All helps... Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
CharlE46 Posted February 28, 2014 Report Share Posted February 28, 2014 88.5mm centre to centre measured off my old front cat, sorry for the delay and guess it's too late now. Your exhaust sounds like it's going to be pretty awesome, please say you'll put some pictures up, I need the inspiration to do mine. I'm going to do a single 3" system on mine but need to wait for the weather as I don't have the luxury of a garage. Good luck and please keep us posted Charlie Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dannyb78 Posted February 28, 2014 Author Report Share Posted February 28, 2014 On it right now.. yes will get some pictures up once done. Thought about 3" but 2.5" will flow mire than enough power for my needs. CharlE46 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
CharlE46 Posted February 28, 2014 Report Share Posted February 28, 2014 I'm only going with 3" as mines a remapped 330d so every little helps, I look forward to seeing yours Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dannyb78 Posted March 1, 2014 Author Report Share Posted March 1, 2014 All done... And first impressions I am really happy, low end response has improved alot! Sounds nice but not ott. Glad I kept both 330d silencers. Will upload a couple pics for ya. CharlE46 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
CharlE46 Posted March 1, 2014 Report Share Posted March 1, 2014 That's awesome work mate, is welding/fabricating your day job or just a hobby? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dannyb78 Posted March 1, 2014 Author Report Share Posted March 1, 2014 Pics here: http://www.e46zone.com/forum/topic/51716-dans-project-touring/page-2 Yes my day job :-) I build touring car shells. CharlE46 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...