benwalsh91

Ben Walsh e46 coupe

I myself love fitment, and getting a car to sit right. I've seen you old coupe over on bimmerforums, what happened to the style 42's?.

To get them wheels on you would only need a standard roll, not cut them flat and weld. Wouldn't you need ticker adaptors, to get the wheel sitting flush

I'm overly excited to see progress on this. Get it all fitted :)

Also interested to see how you get on with the top mounts and the camber arms :)

Edited by Naj

I myself love fitment, and getting a car to sit right. I've seen you old coupe over on bimmerforums, what happened to the style 42's?.

To get them wheels on you would only need a standard roll, not cut them flat and weld. Wouldn't you need ticker adaptors, to get the wheel sitting flush

someone who came to buy some stuff off me when i was breaking my old one saw the style42s stacked up in the front of my garage and gave me an offer on them which i felt was a good offer so i took them lol, think he was going to fit them on an e36 but then sold them on.

nah i wanted the car to be able to roll tucking rim let alone tyre. and i just didnt want any rub at all. - if it was like an expensive e46 i would be a bit hesitant about doing it but as it only cost me £900 im not to bothered lol.

Also interested to see how you get on with the top mounts and the camber arms :)

haha same i also have allot of other ideas but going to get the main bits done and then focus on a load of subtle touches that i think will really enhance the car but its like any build its all about the little touches that most people don't notice :)

haha same i also have allot of other ideas but going to get the main bits done and then focus on a load of subtle touches that i think will really enhance the car but its like any build its all about the little touches that most people don't notice :)

Agree! I like people to just think his just decked a car and fitted wheels. But people who know what they are look at, will notice alot more work has gone in

exactly that so i am going to aim to get the big things done and out the way like the lows and the wheels etc etc and then aim for the subtle clean touches.

got some good ideas in my head i look forward to getting on and getting done. Also going to take a little more of a look around this forum to get some ideas too, not really had the time to have a look unfortunately been so busy with work recently been impossible to get out the office!

Just dropped the paint code off and the centres for paint. It's going a ford colour. It's a pale grey - micastone grey. Felt it would go well with the charcoal grey suede that I am slowly trimming interior parts in.

Such as:

DEABA0E0-35A9-424F-BB40-41B591373D03-246

Will also be doing my dash trim in this amoungst other parts

Ball harder. Haha jokes I'm a scrawny white kid. There's no balling here.

The cars gone in to get this leak and temperature issue sorted.

The rad, expansion tank and all hoses seem fine but I've asked him to replace it all anyway.

The blowers in the car are really bad l basically any air is non existent. It sounds like all issues point towards water pump and maybe an air lock so the pump may be getting changed if it had an issue and also the thermostat will get changed.

The car is all fixed again now. Also whilst it is there the handbrake is shocking so he is going to look at that (think only one caliper is working and hardly working at that) also the accelerator pedal feels like a solid soggy sponge and I have no idea why so he is going to look at that too. May aswell whilst it is there.

When I fit the suspension I am going to do the lower arms and bushes and other parts too.

Also probably after Christmas now I will replace the discs and pads front and back and give it a full service (starting to wobble under breaking) and I can't see in the service history when the last service was so want to do it for piece of mind

Nice man. Hope you get all the niggly little things sorted.

My handbrake is shocking barely holds the car lol must remember to get that looked at haha.

Naj

Follow me on Instagram @naj_hx

spending the cash eh....hopefully will be worth it in the end...

Crap handbrake will probably be the parking shoes behind the brake disk...not expensive but worth doing if you are renewing the brakes anyway.

i had the same when i had the convertible, depending on how bad it is, you can try adjusting the shoes through a hole on the hub.