DEVIL 666 Posted June 10, 2015 Report Share Posted June 10, 2015 I'm sure the ride quality improved with the 35 profile. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bennno2005 Posted June 10, 2015 Report Share Posted June 10, 2015 Yes you are right I was exaggerating when I said massive arch gap; however it doesn't take much to make the wheels look a little lost in the arches. If you like it then that's all that matter - we are just voicing our opinions. What I was getting at with my post was that if you wanted the car lower you could have just fitted lowering springs. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lex Posted June 10, 2015 Author Report Share Posted June 10, 2015 (edited) I'm sure the ride quality improved with the 35 profile. I had 35 profile on my other wheels for 2 years, no problems at all Yes you are right I was exaggerating when I said massive arch gap; however it doesn't take much to make the wheels look a little lost in the arches. If you like it then that's all that matter - we are just voicing our opinions. What I was getting at with my post was that if you wanted the car lower you could have just fitted lowering springs. Do you all think that I've got 35 profile instead of 40 to lower my car? (inserts facepalm) NO!, I did it because I hate the look of big tires, with 35 and 215 it's giving a slightly stretch which looks much better than before. As I said before, I will fit some lowering springs, 50/40mm or 40/30mm, I will see which one's are good for nice look and also to don't affect my daily use much. Spacers, Lowered and slightly stretch can look much better than standard big tires and stupid high ET that makes the wheels lost in the arches. Edited June 10, 2015 by Lex Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DEVIL 666 Posted June 10, 2015 Report Share Posted June 10, 2015 I'm the same, I don't really care about the ride quality for me the look is more important, but on a standard wheels which don't require 35 profile I would use /40 for a bit more comfort. I also using 35 profile atm but that's because I got 19's and they are m3 fitment wheels. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
RickyZ Posted June 10, 2015 Report Share Posted June 10, 2015 How have you lowered it just 10mm? Spring cups? How have you lowered it just 10mm? Spring cups? Using low profile tires The car feels much better with 225 instead of 255 imo, I know the 255 is the OEM size, but sticks to roads like it's glued... to much grip isn't good sometimes. I can't imagine why we might think you have lowered it using tyres :S bennno2005 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lex Posted June 10, 2015 Author Report Share Posted June 10, 2015 I can't imagine why we might think you have lowered it using tyres :S He was asking how, and basically using lower profile means the car sits lower, adding 40mm springs, the car will sit 50mm lower = win. I'm the same, I don't really care about the ride quality for me the look is more important, but on a standard wheels which don't require 35 profile I would use /40 for a bit more comfort. I also using 35 profile atm but that's because I got 19's and they are m3 fitment wheels. They do require 35 profile now, using spacers I already had some rubbing problems on the rears with 255, think about if it was lowered. Now i'm more than happy with them, looks much better and also gives me more room for lowering. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bennno2005 Posted June 10, 2015 Report Share Posted June 10, 2015 I'm sure the ride quality improved with the 35 profile. I had 35 profile on my other wheels for 2 years, no problems at all Yes you are right I was exaggerating when I said massive arch gap; however it doesn't take much to make the wheels look a little lost in the arches. If you like it then that's all that matter - we are just voicing our opinions. What I was getting at with my post was that if you wanted the car lower you could have just fitted lowering springs. Do you all think that I've got 35 profile instead of 40 to lower my car? (inserts facepalm) Based off your previous posts yes. I think a few others thought the same too. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lex Posted June 10, 2015 Author Report Share Posted June 10, 2015 Great, now as everything is clear (i hope) can anyone recommend me some springs? I've seen that they're different for AUTO, or I can just buy normal ones and the drop will be a bit bigger as the autobox is heavier? Which it would be even better. I was looking for something like 40/30mm. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lex Posted June 10, 2015 Author Report Share Posted June 10, 2015 New pics The Laird 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Laird Posted June 10, 2015 Report Share Posted June 10, 2015 That´s one niiccccee motor Lex 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mark_F Posted June 10, 2015 Report Share Posted June 10, 2015 Looks like it's on castors with the 35 profile. Wheels look too small, despite how much it's dropped. Or not. It's always going to look strange with that profile rubber Lex 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lex Posted June 10, 2015 Author Report Share Posted June 10, 2015 Looks like it's on castors with the 35 profile. Wheels look too small, despite how much it's dropped. Or not. It's always going to look strange with that profile rubber That's great, as I love castors Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lex Posted June 12, 2015 Author Report Share Posted June 12, 2015 Just few more and my collection is completed. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bacon Posted June 12, 2015 Report Share Posted June 12, 2015 Not sure about the roof spoiler but the wing mirror covers will look good Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lex Posted June 16, 2015 Author Report Share Posted June 16, 2015 (edited) Just chillin' Edited March 28, 2016 by Lex Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lex Posted June 21, 2015 Author Report Share Posted June 21, 2015 Few photos from TunerFest today at Brands Hatch circuit. mRd, The Laird and The_Judge_ 3 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lex Posted June 27, 2015 Author Report Share Posted June 27, 2015 StanceDaily meet The Laird 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fitz2282 Posted June 28, 2015 Report Share Posted June 28, 2015 why didn't you go for a 215/40 tyre for the front that would have decreased the tyre width and also side wall size, but maintain a better tyre to arch gap you do know how tyre sizing works ?? don't you !! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lex Posted June 28, 2015 Author Report Share Posted June 28, 2015 I'm getting sick now, 3 pages telling me about tires, I use what I want and what I like, got it? Great, get over it now. The Laird 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Daz 330 Cs Posted June 28, 2015 Report Share Posted June 28, 2015 I'm getting sick now, 3 pages telling me about tires, I use what I want and what I like, got it? Great, get over it now. Because they look wrong Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lex Posted June 28, 2015 Author Report Share Posted June 28, 2015 The car it's not finished yet, there will be some changes once I'm getting back from holiday. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fitz2282 Posted June 28, 2015 Report Share Posted June 28, 2015 I'm getting sick now, 3 pages telling me about tires, I use what I want and what I like, got it? Great, get over it now. I can't !!!! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jay. Posted June 28, 2015 Report Share Posted June 28, 2015 You put your car on a discussion forum - people are going to discuss what you've done weather you like it or not? If you don't want people's opinions - your gonna have a bad time making a journal online!!! B0B and DJ Syxx 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lex Posted June 30, 2015 Author Report Share Posted June 30, 2015 I tried today 255 on 9.5 with 20mm spacers, looks great but it rubs when going over speed-bumps or turning, I may need to roll a bit the arches and it's perfect. Opinions? The Laird 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DEVIL 666 Posted June 30, 2015 Report Share Posted June 30, 2015 I think 255 is way to fat for 9.5j. I would use 225, even the 235 would help. Looks better than the other wheel tho but still needs lowering. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...