Sam

What Have You Done To Your Car Today? Volume 2

Sure is.  Only good thing is, as long as i can get them fixed for less than £330, i'm in pocket.

My excess is £250 on any claim, and BMW want £79.20 to "investigate" any claim.

I know one leak is from the intercooler boost pipe, and that is about £100.  And i reckon the other leak maybe from near the inlet manifold, so hopefully just a gasket/seal.

Parked in car park to pick kids up from school. Walking across the playground my lads mates dad said "is that black Bmw yours in the car park, it's rolled into another car" I legged it back to se it had rolled backwards and looked like it was right into the front grill of a skoda. I pulled it forward and there was a huge black mark on the other cars front bumper but no damage to the grill. The guy who owns it came back and started rubbing the mark and it was coming off easily so I grabbed a microfibre cloth from the boot and gave it a run over with some megs Polish. All of the mark came off his car  and luckily left no damage at all. His wife is a dinner lady at the school and she knows my lads so I told them to let me know if they notice anything we missed 

My rear bumper has lost a tiny bit of paint but nothing too bad. A testament though as to how thin Bmw paint is compared to other cars. I only had new rear brake pads last week and they tightened the handbrake. Obviously not enough as it was the gentles of slopes, almost flat. 

14 hours ago, BmEagle said:

Parked in car park to pick kids up from school. Walking across the playground my lads mates dad said "is that black Bmw yours in the car park, it's rolled into another car" I legged it back to se it had rolled backwards and looked like it was right into the front grill of a skoda. I pulled it forward and there was a huge black mark on the other cars front bumper but no damage to the grill. The guy who owns it came back and started rubbing the mark and it was coming off easily so I grabbed a microfibre cloth from the boot and gave it a run over with some megs Polish. All of the mark came off his car  and luckily left no damage at all. His wife is a dinner lady at the school and she knows my lads so I told them to let me know if they notice anything we missed 

My rear bumper has lost a tiny bit of paint but nothing too bad. A testament though as to how thin Bmw paint is compared to other cars. I only had new rear brake pads last week and they tightened the handbrake. Obviously not enough as it was the gentles of slopes, almost flat. 

Your'll be leaving it in gear from now on!  Glad it wasn't too badly damaged

And my mates always ask,,,, 'Why do you carry microfibre's around..?' Well now we know. :lol:

2 hours ago, Ashley1995 said:

Your'll be leaving it in gear from now on!  Glad it wasn't too badly damaged

And my mates always ask,,,, 'Why do you carry microfibre's around..?' Well now we know. :lol:

Yep. Leaving it in gear. Never known a model with such a poor hand brake. If it's facing downhill it's solid but facing up any half decent slope it just won't hold. It was awful on my 1999 se saloon. You could park the Mrs megane scenic on the side of a mountain and it won't budge a mm. 

I always keep cloths, Polish, a 4pt milk container full of water and quick detail spray to get rid of bird muck but it's always handy. Lost count of the number of marks I've taken off work mates cars. Good for the odd case of beer or bottle of wine ??

9 minutes ago, mjn said:

Castrol Edge FST 5w30 half price at ECP, plus 10% off with SALE10 today......so picked up some for the next service.

And use Quidco and get even more off!

I literally have emailed myself this deal last night. Ridiculous value for money. I used quidco last time too.

Works out to £20 for 4 litres with that code & using quidco! Mental. Might get myself 2 even though I've just done my oil service haha. Nice one.

Had a play around with "deep obd bmw" app of the playstore (free) says it does all stuff inpa and tool 32 does.

All ecu's/modules are in German but app includes free (once registered) translator.

Quite in depth need to read up a bit more before messing around too much.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

52 minutes ago, feva said:

Had a play around with "deep obd bmw" app of the playstore (free) says it does all stuff inpa and tool 32 does.

All ecu's/modules are in German but app includes free (once registered) translator.

I assume it uses a blutooth obd2 dongle like Carly?

I ask as loads of people over on e90post report Carly bricking their FRM modules when programming.

52 minutes ago, feva said: Had a play around with "deep obd bmw" app of the playstore (free) says it does all stuff inpa and tool 32 does.

I assume it uses a blutooth obd2 dongle like Carly?

I ask as loads of people over on e90post report Carly bricking their FRM modules when programming.

Yeah Mal is uses obd or wired.

Not as user friendly as Carly (which I had no issues with) but worth a look for free.

But think I need to speak to our little monkey friend first before messing about too much it's way beyond my skill set.

What are you looking to program?

May sound like nothing but my wipers when you switch the car off if mid cycle stay in the middle of the screen. Want it switching on (if possible) to complete cycle after ignition off.

Used Carly to turn hold lock button down and mirrors fold in. And done a few other things with Carly on a mates estate.

What are you looking to program?

May sound like nothing but my wipers when you switch the car off if mid cycle stay in the middle of the screen. Want it switching on (if possible) to complete cycle after ignition off.

Used Carly to turn hold lock button down and mirrors fold in. And done a few other things with Carly on a mates estate.

6 minutes ago, feva said:

I know you can configure the mirrors to fold when you do a double press, or long press of the lock key, can't remember which.  That would be my preference to the mirrors folding on a regular locking.  As how many times have you locked your car and forgot to get something out, so unlock and lock again.  That's a lot of mirror unfolding/folding.

6 minutes ago, feva said: May sound like nothing but my wipers when you switch the car off if mid cycle stay in the middle of the screen. Want it switching on (if possible) to complete cycle after ignition off.

I know you can configure the mirrors to fold when you do a double press, or long press of the lock key, can't remember which.  That would be my preference to the mirrors folding on a regular locking.  As how many times have you locked your car and forgot to get something out, so unlock and lock again.  That's a lot of mirror unfolding/folding.

Set mine to 5second hold of lock button which do once all done and walking away. Only really fold mirrors if parked somewhere tight or where a lot of people walk past.

14 minutes ago, feva said:

The e46 can support this (great feature) - I'd be shocked if the e9* can't...

14 minutes ago, feva said: May sound like nothing but my wipers when you switch the car off if mid cycle stay in the middle of the screen. Want it switching on (if possible) to complete cycle after ignition off.

The e46 can support this (great feature) - I'd be shocked if the e9* can't...

Must able to trigger. Just needs turning on.

Monday I replaced the electric front window regulator clip and resealed all the door membranes. Tuesday the car was machine polished and detailed. Wednesday I ordered a key repair from BM keys. Next project is repairing or replacing the scratched rear door and looking into repairing the rust on the front wheel arches or replacing the wings.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Car is finally done.

Coilovers fitted.

New bottom arms and lollipop bushes

New top mounts

New anti roll bar bushes

New drops links

Near rear top mounts

New discs and pads all round

New brake pipes on rear

New handbrake shoes

New handbrake cables

New Braided hoses all round

Calipers services - sliders regreased etc

New crank shaft pulley and bolt

New altenator

New belts

New pulleys and tensioners

New bearing bush on prop

New from prop guibo

Ecotune decat

Cream m sport interior all completed, door cards stripped and separated to mix cream and black plastics instead of cream plastics.

M sport gear knob changed for new one

Aluminium trim fitted all round, inc steering wheel.

15b6f43508fbadf3e60c1344d5627409.jpg

f348e8d43561e9054d16e6001ff211b7.jpg

659bcdf43b16eaba3fa72bd35e610acd.jpg

20c3096ab4720f2f88b6d51bedf49d69.jpg

48aa6f145e17beb1e0b354a2d1863870.jpg

ed34c6cea63d253596a256c5650fb9d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk