bungers

HOW TO: Eonon D5150 firmware upgrade

anybody know when the d5150 firmware update to remove the clock is coming?, carlos promised it some time ago.
I chased him up yesterday and had a reply last night that it was still in testing by their R&D team and as soon as it's ready he will send it. He had said Monday previously though so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Here is the link from Eonon for removing the clock: http://www.sbo2.com/cs_serial//BMW_D5150_APP_for_getting_rid_of_Clock.rar

It resets to Chinese so you will need to change the language and then there will be an option to remove clock in the settings as pic.

post-28705-139196692801_thumb.jpg

I have yet to do this myself so use at your own risk

1. Help !!!!! I did step 2 and it never came on with the chineese writing to do the upgrade. I can't get the GPS to work at all .. It keeps telling me to choose the GPS path and it's set to

storage car\naviOne\naviOne.exe

I go up and down in the folder and nothing works

Got this for Christmas and spent 300$ for the install.

hi, i too had the v23 firmware. updated it to v25 and this seemed to solve issue i had with the unit not keeping time. however 24 hours on unit is dead, it started on ignition flashed up with some message in yellow i didnt catch but included the word 'master' then went blank. tried resetting, disconnect an reconnected etc... but nothing still. has anyone experienced this problem unit is only 5 weeks old!

thanks

I thought I would join in on this convo for anyone experiencing the "Launch.exe" error after installing the upgrade on the D5150. I am on the E46fanatics forum and was sent the following link to fix this issue:

http://www.sbo2.com/cs_serial//BMW_APP_TW_4049-405F-0709-L146-140219.rar

I installed on mine and it has been working great for me for the past 5 days with no "Launch.exe" error. Good luck to everyone.

I thought I would join in on this convo for anyone experiencing the "Launch.exe" error after installing the upgrade on the D5150. I am on the E46fanatics forum and was sent the following link to fix this issue:

I installed on mine and it has been working great for me for the past 5 days with no "Launch.exe" error. Good luck to everyone.

How did you get on with copying the files onto an sd card? I keep getting an error that they cant be copied over properly?!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

How did you get on with copying the files onto an sd card? I keep getting an error that they cant be copied over properly?!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Great question, though I'm not sure I understand it fully. You will want to extract them from the .rar file onto the microSD card (preferably blank) in the same format it appears in the .rar file (All housed under the NWD_703 folder)

Effectively you will have a blank microSD card with a NWD_703 folder in it, and within that folder, all of your files. I'm going on 2 weeks with no launch.exe error now. Best of luck.

Can one of you guys help please?

Ive downloaded this file BMW_APP_TW_4049-405F-0709-L146-140219 to my laptop.

Ive used Winrar to extract the file to an empty micro sd card.

Now my radio only has one micro slot on the front(all others ive seen have two?).

Anyway the slot is is named sdcard and doesnt mention gps although my igo8 sd card is usually in that slot and the nav works fine.

Anyway I insert the new sd card and press the reset button which turns the radio off.

I turn ignition off then wait a minute before switching ignition back on and radio back on.

It goes straight to radio 87.5 so obviously the rest worked but thats it.

Doesnt seem to boot up from the new sd card like I thought it should?

Basically I havent got a clue what im doing lol.

Do I need to do something else?

May not be related but I use a USB stick to keep all my music on.

This is plugged in(via an extension cable) to one of the Black USB leads coming out of the back of the unit.

This Black lead is labelled GPS.

I put the new firmware ono an empty USB stick and tried the rest procedure again but just did the same thing and went back to untuned radio.

What am I doing wrong?

As for current firmware i have no idea how or if i even can get to it.

In the home screen i click setup in bottom left of screen.

Then there are few option buttons along the bottom.

Audio,display and car info.

I press the info buton and it does nothing.Im assuming this is where the firmware info is?

Ok. just checked that thread. That unit doesn't look like a D5150 to me. Maybe an earlier Eonon model or an Enco or similar? Either way the D5150 firmware isn't going to work on that I doubt.

hi

well i thought there we only 2 models D5150E and the newer version

There are, but is it deffo either of these? Post a picture of your firmware page.