tqadam

flat wiper problem

hi everyone

ever since i had my car its had some flat/aero type wipers on it. they work im not worried about that but the passenger one doesn't sit properly on the screen. about 1-2 inches off it doesn't touch the screen when they arent in use like this:

15052009194.jpg

do all flat/aero wipers do this on the e46 because of the curved screen?

do the normal style blades (the original ones) touch the glass all the time? its a bit ocd but i dont like seeing the wiper floating in the air lol

thanks

theres like a piece of plastic, that makes the wiper not be flat

I need to look into this. My l/h wiper doesn't contact the bottom of the screen, either. I just thought it was a normal BMW thing, because my E30 was the same.

oh.

mine are fine in that respect. they clear the window fine, dont drag at all or miss any bits. its just the bit hanging off the screen when they are parked and not in use -_-

i found this pic on the web and the overhang on these look alot better than what i got but i think its a longer drivers blade and shorter passenger one. i think i might give it a go.

DSC00068.jpg

I dont have this issue, bought aero silicone wipers, will try to remember to post a pic tomorrow. Didn't need to make any modifications.

So, I didn't think I have this problem, but maybe I do after all. Here's a pic of my wipers from the front I took in January:

post-29789-0-72467000-1393699017_thumb.j

and they don't look out of place. I've certainly never noticed any gap while I'm in the car.

However, I just took a close up by putting my phone along the windscreen:

post-29789-0-21148700-1393699055_thumb.j

and there is a gap in the corner.

Anyway, I love my wipers and some may say there are too expensive, but I am using these: http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/wiper-blades/piaa-silicone-tech-flat-aero-wiper-blades. I had to buy 20" and 22" because they don't do 23", and the 24" ones were way too big.

Edited by The_Judge

It was on my car despite mine wiping OK. I got it off today and bent my wiper arm back in to position as the previous owner that put the wipers on decided bending it up and round for clearance was a good idea :(

Going to get Bosch wiper blades as above but the ones I been looking at are 24/20. The 24 inch for driver side seems a bit to long?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk