macp

EML light feck it !

A week into ownership its thrown up the EML light out of the blue.Car is running ok though except I notice when starting from cold just for less than a minute it seems to run rough not really bad but you can feel it in the car. I guess it could be an airleak.

Ah well feckit !

Well thanks to a post by mattkav I have found a split in the top inlet boot (see below) so im fairly certain this is what is causing the EML warning light.

Hope you dont mind me using your pic mattkav but the split in mine is identical to yours.

C9BADBCC-47CC-497F-989B-6FDB6017F74B.jpg

The good news is I have just replaced both boots on mine for £25.80 including vat.

The bad news is the clips on the lower boot are a swine to get to, the heads on them face down and back, flip them so they are accessible from the top when you fit the new bits.

The good news is I have just replaced both boots on mine for £25.80 including vat.

The bad news is the clips on the lower boot are a swine to get to, the heads on them face down and back, flip them so they are accessible from the top when you fit the new bits.

Thanks could you let me have a link to where you bought them or are they OEM parts only ?

Ok ordered the parts from BMW today and as stonsie says they are cheap enough.Once fitted hopefully that will resolve it and I just need to get the light knocked out then.