SilverZim

330D manual 6 speed 2004 204HP coupe parts nightmare....

Hi All

i am very new to the BMW ranks, i have had my 330D for about 3 weeks now and want to carry out some normal fixes for the car, 

new glow plugs, water pump etc, i have been on euro car parts, GFS and other sites to try and find the parts required, but all come back saying that there are options for the car...

i don't really want to be spending money on the wrong thing, so if anyone has any pointers that would help me out that would be great, 

I have also read that all Manual cars came with an electric fan, and mine appears to be a viscus fan....i'm hoping this doesn't mean that the engine has been swapped, but i would like to change the fan out for an electric ASAP,  again with all the different versions of the car... will a normal 330Ci fan fit the diesel or are they all different? it seems that the only bits you cant use are from the 4WD models, but again some clear up would help.

i have searched through the site, and ended up in the post with a link to all the parts after putting in the VIN but got lost very quickly!.

Many thanks

Gary 

Edited by SilverZim
details added to title

What year is your car? The 330d was available from 2000/1 to 2006/7 I think and went through loads of changes in that time. Most importantly for you - the older engine was used until early 2002, then it was updated in late 2003.

As you've said its a manual - If you have a 2003, how many gears does it have? The early one was 5sp, the later one 6sp.

i would get a genuine waterpump,,i got mine from cotswolds on here(sponsors) same with my thermostats for both my cars ..dont know aboyut glow plugs and module,,but maybe genuine also..

Same engine as mine then..

Water pump - only get BMW as Rasa said.

Glow plugs - don't!! Not unless you're getting cold, winter morning starting issues. All of these cars throw up glow plug errors on diagnostics. I've had mine for 9 years now and the glow plug control module reports all 6 with errors since day one. Never had a starting issue. It's a common error message on these - the control module reports false values but doesn't affect starting. If anything the plugs are prone to snapping in the head when replacing them! Not worth the risk unless there's a genuine fault.\

If you still want to go ahead - the glow plugs are glow plugs, get any compatible ones. The glow plug control module - BERU is the OEM manufacturer - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CJNYOHQ/ - Get it from Amazon (make sure the seller is Amazon), it's like 1/3rd of the BMW price without the BMW badge.

Edited by momo

aye..ive had all 6 plugs fault on my car since ive owned it nearly 5 years,,starst first time on the coldest of mornings with about 3-5 seconds of rough idle..same on my e90 330d..so if its not broke then leave it alone

thanks for the info guys, i will leave the glows alone as i dont have fault, just wanted to change as part of the "service"

do you have a link to the correct water pump and thermostat so that i can get them ordered up?

just give cotswolds an e mail with your reg no..they have a topic you can just click and ask...http://www.e46zone.com/forum/forum/73-cotswoldbmwmini/

Edited by rasa