simonlpearce

Interior Stripped.

I was actually amazed at how easy it was to take the interior out especially as i hdnt a clue what i was doing.

A few pics for your viewing pleasure.

Oh and Mark dont look any further as it might make you cry a little :lol:

Some during shots after the front and rear seats came out...

post-366-1259513516_thumb.jpg post-366-1259513524_thumb.jpg

Some shots completely stripped, except for the roof lining which will prob stay there until i decide to replace the windows and rip out the window motors.

post-366-1259513533_thumb.jpgpost-366-1259513541_thumb.jpgpost-366-1259513550_thumb.jpg

Oh and as you can see i have test fitted the seats and they should go in a treat, just need to find me some welding gear to get them secured properly.

Jobs for next week are to finish off the interior so get the seats secured. Then time permitting i will get cracking on the front end bushes!

Good skills Si, It all comes out quite easily doesn't it?

Have you removed headlining etc?

Those cobras look in excellent condition for what you paid mate. Make mine look proper tatty.

Hats off to you as well for getting out there today. I had sorting the brakes planned for today and got so hammered last night that i haven't done feck all today. :lol:

PS have sent that guy your mobile number so he can ring you about the interior.

Yeah it came out really quick, except for the front carpet i just ripped that bad boy out (all bar the foot rest for the euro tour).

I havent done the headlining yet as i guessed this cant weigh much at all, i will get onto this when i deceide to perspex all round. Still have a few more bits that could come out such as heating vents etc but will get onto that another day.

Im well chuffed with the quality of the seats, i had them test fitted today and they go quite nicely in place of the standard comfort seats that were in there.

I know exactly where my sundays have gone for the next few months lol.

Now to find someone that can weld my seats in place!

btw, pull that Sport steering wheel off while your at it Simon and replace with a aftermarket one of some sort, they fetch good money £100 +

Should give you the chance of a nice new "track" style steering wheel for free then :huh:

Ps.

Any coins you found are mine don't forget :lol:

btw, pull that Sport steering wheel off while your at it Simon and replace with a aftermarket one of some sort, they fetch good money £100 +

Should give you the chance of a nice new "track" style steering wheel for free then :)

Ps.

Any coins you found are mine don't forget :P

No coins im afraid mate, there was a half eaten pack of gum, 2 pens and a couple of earplugs but that was about it...

Didnt realise the steering wheels go for so much, it is on my list of things to do but will prob come after tax and MOT, lol. I also have a feeling i will need to do lambda sensor to get it through the MOT and coils/spark plugs to get it firing a little quicker/smoother.

Also on the cards is a good service!

Were they blue plugs with a lace between them ?? can you post them back to me ??

:P

lambda is virtually new mate, much less than 15k old, it may be the wiring, the Lambda is from an E36 325i (same part as they didn't have the right one in stock or availible so they said) and the cable is slightly shorter, I used the old cable and some electrical connectors IIRC which may have now corroded since I did it, worth checking out :)