///Marty

Gran Turismo 5 Time Trials

Have we moved on to the Intermediate challenge now then? I'm saying we should do shorter races instead of the Nurburgring again. It's a bit annoying having to do 8 minutes of racing to find out you're 200ths of a second slower than you needed to be :(

Marty hats off to you my first run i did a 7:50 and thought WTF how the hell did he do that :o All i can say is thats one brilliant car to drive. :thumbup: Nice driving though mate thats certainly not easy and to get gold no way i think i could find another 20 odd seconds :wacko:

Good skills Conor. Fair play to you too mate it really feels like you are driving on the limit to get silver doesn't it?. I will be all over that again tonight I'm finally starting to remember the track. It is indeed a feckin amazing car. Currently got just shy of 500k in the bank, was hovering over the purchase button last night, tough call tho between the cls and the 458 italia. Damn that is a sexy looking car but haven't driven it yet. @gaz, I am happy to time trial on anything mate, suppose it will get even quicker on expert (although I suspect that will be a wet lap) the big pull for mr on the intermediate was 7 gears instead of 4 and 190mph down the final straight!

The problem with doing any old race is people could have modded the cars. So I think its got to be on the special events.

What about the Go Kart track, I think its intermediate, when you get one thats not an oval? Someone will need to have a look and post the name.

Edit: Or we allow mods, but everyone has the same option, so its down to your setup AND driving skill?

Good skills Conor. Fair play to you too mate it really feels like you are driving on the limit to get silver doesn't it?. I will be all over that again tonight I'm finally starting to remember the track. It is indeed a feckin amazing car. Currently got just shy of 500k in the bank, was hovering over the purchase button last night, tough call tho between the cls and the 458 italia. Damn that is a sexy looking car but haven't driven it yet. @gaz, I am happy to time trial on anything mate, suppose it will get even quicker on expert (although I suspect that will be a wet lap) the big pull for mr on the intermediate was 7 gears instead of 4 and 190mph down the final straight!

@Marty you certainly are on the limit for silver its very intense. I saved the replay to watch over it (can you watch other peoples replays when friends?) and I also had an off in the sand bunker and got stuck behind a car so i can certainly shave approx 10 seconds off the time but i doubt much more than that. The 7 gears are great and i was hitting 198 (i think lol) in the back straight....does that thing do 200+??? I love driving the ring its my first time and think I'm addicted already haha.

@Gaz I'm also happy to do any track against you except the dam TGTT i hate that track, well until i get better at it anyway lol :P

Ive got a time trial challenge goin on with my mates... 1st challenge is

Track: Original Curcuit - High Speed Ring

Car: Lancer Evo (stock - no mods allowed)

Note: picture evidence needed

so far my best time is 1:21.284 but apprently ive been beaten by my bruv in law whos done it in 1:21.090. so u know what il be doing this weekend

The problem with doing any old race is people could have modded the cars. So I think its got to be on the special events.

What about the Go Kart track, I think its intermediate, when you get one thats not an oval? Someone will need to have a look and post the name.

I like this diea cause I think I've got a good time on that track :lol:

OK, well why don't we do this: :)

We chose 4 different races, Marty edits the opening post of this thread to feature a 'leaderboard', then he can update as necessary when someone gets a new high score. (as long as he doesn't mind being moderator of the scores!)

eg:

Trial 1) Beginner N'ring AMG Challenge w Merc 300 SL

Trial 2) Beginner Go-kart track

Trial 3) Intermediate N'ring SLS '10

Trial 4) etc

I like the idea of 'this car stock on this track' but we'd have no way of knowing that the car wasn't altered.

Sounds good to me. Will edit later as I am on my iPhone ATM. I agree about it being special races and then it just comes down to driver skill.

@Conor, I reckon 200 could be possible. You would have to get a good exit out of the corner before, perfect gear changes and keep it planted all the way through the first corner which is definitely doable. As far as I know u can watch friends replay, you can also swap cars which could be good for a communal garage :)

Ok, still on my iPhone, my damn laptop is on one. Anyway. Right back at ya Conor. :)

5c91a272.jpg

Oh and remembered to save the replay this time. Was a bit lairy at one point, was pushing so hard I left the track. Did manage to overtake in both carousels though. :P

Go Marty top man! Was waiting for that. Unforunately i cant play right now because id have a whole bloody argument as she will have to watch TV up in the bedroom :rolleyes: I'm looking forward to getting under 7:20 but it will take a near perfect lap and nerves of steel from me :lol:

Nice comeback though mate and where is everyone else on this? :huh:

Watch this space B)

Holy censored.gif I love that car. Just bought mr one, dropped a charger and a few other bits in it and just did the ring in 7:13.346. Lol.

8726c498.jpg

Oh and Conor, if you charge it it will defo do 200+. I saw 211 but had to concentrate on the corner which was coming up pretty quickly. :)

Sweet as dude thats a damn fine time also.....your on it tonight eh! ;)

I think i might have to purchase one of those myself and tune it up. Shes a definite keeper. :thumbsup:

Keep going and try and get your time down sub 7:10 next B)

Ah, the dreaded mrs problem. I have made a 1hr a day agreement with mine. :). 7:20 is well doable on the intermediate one. That 7:13 was a bloody awful lap but the brakes are in dire need of upgrading and it was a first go with that car. Doesn't help having to fight your way through the pack at the start either. Going for gold next!

Ah, the dreaded mrs problem. I have made a 1hr a day agreement with mine. :). 7:20 is well doable on the intermediate one. That 7:13 was a bloody awful lap but the brakes are in dire need of upgrading and it was a first go with that car. Doesn't help having to fight your way through the pack at the start either. Going for gold next!

Sweet mate im sure you will do it, you got skills!! B) Nice to have someone to bounce off on this track. We can push each other to the limit :cheers:

. That 7:13 was a bloody awful lap but the brakes are in dire need of upgrading and it was a first go with that car.

I didn't know you could upgrade the brakes! How? I'm running a 200hp mini with the standard brakes and it's terrible at stopping! Good at going round the corners though :P

I didn't know you could upgrade the brakes! How? I'm running a 200hp mini with the standard brakes and it's terrible at stopping! Good at going round the corners though :P

I dont think you can yet gaz, i went in to the driver options but it only allows you to play about with bias and stuff. There didn't appear to be anything about brakes in the upgrade section. Hope it will get unlocked soon - needs doing desperately!

Ok here is the official list for the different events, I have only inlcuded times with photgrphic proof. If you would like to add a time please feel free to do so but make sure it is in the same format and don't forget to include your pic!

Event: Beginners AMG Academy - Nurburgring

Car: Mercedes 300SL Coupe '54.

Conor: 9.07.741

Momo: 9.07.904

Marty: 9.15.459

Event: Intermediate AMG Academy - Nurburgring

Car: Mercedes SLS AMG '10

Marty: 7.23.613

Conor: 7.27.035

Anyone wants any more events adding put some pictures up!!!