mjn

What Have You Done To Your Car Today?

Did most of the mechanical installation of my Webasto aux heater. It's all mounted and hooked into the cooling system. Still need to hook up the diesel supply and do all the electrics. Oh, cleaned anothe MV2. Just need to apply 3 coats of wheel sealer, and then move onto the remaining two.

Ian.

What is the aux heater used for ?

I left my car at home today :)

What is the aux heater used for ?

It's used to pre-heat the engine and warm/defrost the car when it's cold and icy. I can start it via remote control about 20 mins before I plan to leave for work. I appreciate that I've kind of missed winter this year, but next year will be much better.

As well as warming/defrosting the car, it helps reduce cold start wear on the engine.

It's standard fit on the E39 & X5 etc.

Ian.

It's used to pre-heat the engine and warm/defrost the car when it's cold and icy. I can start it via remote control about 20 mins before I plan to leave for work. I appreciate that I've kind of missed winter this year, but next year will be much better.

As well as warming/defrosting the car, it helps reduce cold start wear on the engine.

It's standard fit on the E39 & X5 etc.

Ian.

Can it be fitted to a petrol 330 do you know ?

Edited by Trickster

IMG_2271.jpg

that was its last mapping session now on 2 bar of boost about a week ago. hence why i have a sensible diesel car for day to day use. i say sensible, a mapped 330d is still very very fast.

How come torque and BHP dont cross at 5252rpm?

Another £80 fill up, and rolled it over 100k.........guess the car is officially run in now :)

Edited by mjn

Did more miles in 1 day than I usually do in a month, driving to Norfolk

to pick up my wheels....

Come on then, what did you get in the end?

Finally carbon wrapped the steering wheel surround.

As expected it was an (insert dirty word here).

Car looks much better now.

Must put pics up soon, as i still haven't done it....I'm sure the pic police will give me the usual spanking... :thumbup:

I found the front end rattle, sounded like the reinforcement plate was going to drop off, tightened a lower arm nut by about 1mm, stopped the lot!

But it still bugs me that i know for a fact that all nuts were bang on solid when i put it back together, who undid the threadlock nut by 1mm!?

s**t happens mate. My old Nissan literally came undone on the drivers side suspension (lower arms, brake caliper, strut lower bolts etc etc) by as much as 3mm when I put mine back together with new bushes throughout. I thought I better take a look at it when the car started pulling under braking. I put it down to the solid engine and gearbox mounts shaking the thing to bits. It was weird it was all on the drivers side tho.

Edited by Matt_S

Topped my oil up for the first time in 9 months!

It's done ~7.5k miles in that time since the oil was changed and only dropped to around halfway on the dipstick, so glad the 330d hasn't got the same thirst for oil as the 330i