Mizan

New To The Forum

So after years of wanting a BMW before I could drive, then me passing my driving test almost 5 years ago and going through a leon (lasted 3 days :s, we've all been there right?) a bmw mini cooper (had that during university, made by bmw but not quite the same) then recently I had a audi a4 quattro for a couple of months, I know blasphemy! then sold that a month ago and now I am the proud of owner of a e46 facelift 325ci m sport convert! It's so much better then the audi, although I do miss the turbo spool noise but the straight 6 sounds beautiful!

here are some pics

550303_10151264217472372_172887687_n.jpg

561638_10151143168630163_1011560242_n.jpg

Cheers guys, I want fit angel eyes to them, anyone recommend a set that don't cost a bomb? And I'm thinking of getting a simota induction kit, I want something that replaces the factory one and takes the air from the factory intake and not from the engine bay, anyone recommend one?

And one think I've noticed, even with the engine and car warmed up, I'm still getting steam from the exhaust that I can notice when the car is still, I've checked the oil cap and it looks perfectly clean.

Arghhh, for some reason in signed in on my cousins account on my phone!!!

Edited by kidd

Cheers guys, I want fit angel eyes to them, anyone recommend a set that don't cost a bomb? And I'm thinking of getting a simota induction kit, I want something that replaces the factory one and takes the air from the factory intake and not from the engine bay, anyone recommend one?

And one think I've noticed, even with the engine and car warmed up, I'm still getting steam from the exhaust that I can notice when the car is still, I've checked the oil cap and it looks perfectly clean.

Arghhh, for some reason in signed in on my cousins account on my phone!!!

LED angel eyes are the better ones to get but a good set is not cheap, do you want fade in/out and DRL ?

Gruppe M rep from SSDD gets my vote, I have one on my car :D

The 330s are known for producing steam so seems logical the 325 would also, are you using any oil ?

I would love a grippe m but they're like 3 times the simota, and I want fade in and out but not to bothered about drl cause I can turn them on anyway.

And I've checked the engine oil level and it's where it should be, but do you mean do use any special oil or anything?

I would love a grippe m but they're like 3 times the simota, and I want fade in and out but not to bothered about drl cause I can turn them on anyway.

And I've checked the engine oil level and it's where it should be, but do you mean do use any special oil or anything?

Ah yes, my bad lol Fade in and out works off the interior footwell light, LEDs come with a pre made harness however if your good with electrics you could probably make one

LEDs are more reliable but CCFLs are cheaper, it depends what you want tbh

Sometimes when they smoke it is because they are burning oil, if all looks fine and you dont have to top up regularly then it sounds like your engine is fine :D

Ah kwl, that's fine then, I'll just keep an eye on the oil level every now and again.

And I've wired sets of LED angel eyes up before, for an E36 and an E46 pre-facelift, and they were pretty straight forward but I didn't realise that the triggers were for both so you can use one for fade in and fade out and instead I plugged both of them in directly to the sidelight holder but I've been told by cousin that I need to heat the face lift ones cause the cover isn't held by clips but with glue, can I use a hairdryer as I don't have access to a heat gun? and I really don't want to put it in my oven.

I've never owned a soft top before, how should I go about washing it? should I just wash it like the rest of the car? and what should I use to treat/take care of the hood?

thanks

Wash it as normal, but every now and then give it a covering of protectent. A lot of people swear by the AutoGlym roof kit, I think you get a roof cleaner and a roof sealer in the kit.

Dont wash the hood with car shampoo, either use special hood cleaner or just water

Why?

I can't remember the reasoning but I am sure I was speaking to someone with a convertible who was well knowledged and said you shouldnt, it possible I may be mixed up lol

I'm perhaps not as well-knowledged as others you spoke to, but there's really no harm in it. You should try to use the protective coating stuff that beads the water if your car is stored outside though...