mit

What's The Fastest You've Ever Driven?

My point is this - the f1 car goes onto the straight at a higher speed and brakes probably 50-60 metres later than the bike. The bike enters the straight at a lower speed has to brake 50-60 metres earlier than the f1 car yet STILL reaches a higher top speed on the straight. Therefore the bike surely accelerates quicker than the f1 car as it reaches a higher top speed in a shorter distance and from a slower speed...

Ps. It's a HM Plant BSB Honda CBR1000 in the drag race with the f1 car and powerboat - def not a Moto GP bike. No traction control, no anti-wheelie control, 25% less power and 20kg heavier than a Moto GP bike.

I'll give you that but the bike has far fewer trade offs in the speed/handling problem, I would like to see them do a much longer race where both cars could show their real performance, JB was having to short shift like mad (I assume because they gave him really close ratios for the short straight) and I imagine the bike had similar problems. Something in the range of a mile or two would probably see a more realistic result.

Fair enough, I don't know enough about bike racing to dispute that but I'm not sure that MotoGP had those things back then - bear in mind that Honda that JBs in is at least 5 years old

My kind of thread :)

173mph on Tom Tom in S14a 200sx

171mph on Tom Tom in Audi S4

186mph on Tom Tom in r32 GTR (passenger)

Must be getting old as only taken the 330d to 140 on the clock

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Todd1983

Haha! I drive like a granny on the streets. But quickest I've driven is 150mph in a GTR on a track day in Portugal. Only lifted off because lack of b******s. LOL

Take me back there now, and I'll show the GTR who's boss! haha

Fastest I've been is 125, not that fast compared to the rest of you but it was in a 1990 Ford XR3i

LOL...jesus,i had a mk4 XR3i(1989)i after my XR2,nice white one,i think it chucked out 100bhp ish,never got it over 90 mph,which I thought was pushing it,but 125mph :blink:....cant imagine what that was like,thought official top speed was only 115mph or so......scary :wacko:

Edited by Sonar Daddy

The CPS would love this thread.

The 70 limit is stupid. It was brought in when most cars had drum brakes all round and ABS was unheard of. If it was so important for cars not to exceed the speed limit then they'd all be limited to 70 from the factory. Too much money to be made by catching people speeding.

Imagine how much money the government would lose if they scrapped the 70 limit and actually made motorways safe and flat enough to max your car on.

Edited by Rob-

Actually on the German autobahn driving Triggerfish 184 330d in standard form hit 141 gps revified we even got pics which are on my Instagram.

Friends AMG on the way to spa hit 159 but couldn't use 7th gear as it activates the 155 electric limiter.

I've done 145mph in my 330cd
and somewhere between 145-150mph in my 840ci

Neither of the above were planned -

Both times were caused by the same nutcase in an e92 M3 I was following as I didn't have directions.
Had to call him to slow down.

If the police came, no doubt they would catch me as I was the slowest

With which tyre size, box and diff combo? Standard won't get near that, even with the power, from what I recall of old gearing charts (*goes off looking for them*)

Me driving - 163mph in modified S13, calculated as accurate by gearing chart.

Someone else driving - 193mph indicated, 300zx with lots of power.

Me riding - ~145 on speedo. Who knows how accurate it is.

I'm sure I had posted on this topic.

Almost hit the limiter in my Z4, sat nav said 145. Top down, it was very blowy!

Previous attempted on the same trip I got to about 140 when someone pulled out on me, f**king germans!

Z4M was probably about 130.

Took my Nissan 200SX off the clock (stops at 160mph) on the Autobahn en-route to the Nurburgring a few years ago, was still going too, but I bottled it and lifted off, stuff comes at you real fast at those speeds!!!

Would like a trip over in the M5 with the limiter removed, they'll do 186mph apparently in standard form if de-restricted

Edited by Rich_D

With which tyre size, box and diff combo? Standard won't get near that, even with the power, from what I recall of old gearing charts (*goes off looking for them*)

Me driving - 163mph in modified S13, calculated as accurate by gearing chart.

Someone else driving - 193mph indicated, 300zx with lots of power.

Me riding - ~145 on speedo. Who knows how accurate it is.

I have the S14a gearing chart too, assuming you have enough power, at 7000rpm in 5th gear you can do 167.53mph

157mph (GPS) and pulling like a freight train tbh but then i chickened out as I was approaching a group of cars and didnt fancy going passed them at that speed, then i lost my indicator housing LOL cost me £40

Done on the German autobahn of course

I have the S14a gearing chart too, assuming you have enough power, at 7000rpm in 5th gear you can do 167.53mph

Yeah found it in the end - I was confusing it with the auto diff (or S13 retro fit). I'd imagine it'd still take ~350bhp or a long downhill run to achieve though.