Jump to content
StuBeeDoo

Manchester travel advice please

Recommended Posts

I need to get from the M6 (southbound) to Manchester Piccadilly by 11hr15 next Monday. 2 questions for our Manchester members................

Which is the quickest route to take? In general, how long does M6 >>>> Piccadilly take mid-morning on a Monday?

TIA
Stuart.

Edited by StuBeeDoo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ooops! I should have said I'm coming from Penrith.

I've just checked the satnav. It's telling me to get off M6 at J30. I've put in what you've suggested (J19) and it's saying it's 40 miles further and takes another 45 minutes. I know the satnav isn't 100% but what do you suggest I do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Definitely get off at j19 m6. This will reroute you onto Chester road. Which will then take you onto m56. Drive down 10ish miles and you will go straight onto princess road/towards manchester centre. Relatively clear at that time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Definitely get off at j19 m6. This will reroute you onto Chester road. Which will then take you onto m56. Drive down 10ish miles and you will go straight onto princess road/towards manchester centre. Relatively clear at that time.

It's clear at that time, but at rush hour it isn't. The m60 exit from M56 is crazy busy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

your sat nav is right if you are coming down south from penrith you will take j30 onto m61 and then follow m61 all way to either a580 east lancs road straight into manchester which is the route i take every day and past 9.30 you will be fine it takes me 3/4 hours tops from juntion 8 on m61 to centre of mcr after 9.30. I

f you want motorway all the way then j30 onto m61 then follow m61 all way to end and then take m60 towards mcr for 3 junctions then onto m602 all way to end onto rengent road and then all way down till you see sign posted piccadily its very easy on the route but you can get traffic on m60

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...