theworkerbee

Made the step...

Day to day running isn't far different from a 330, it's the maintenance that is costly. Everything comes with M tax and costs about 3 times more. If you buy a s**tter then it'll cost you a fortune from the off. If you don't keep it maintained it'll cost you, if you do it'll cost you lol. Read the buying guide on cutters. Good history of servicing is paramount with them. There's a lot of dogs out there so choose carefully. But other than that, go for it

Edited by M3NXN

Cheers :)

Have a look on this site

http://www.bmwarchiv.de/vin/

It will give you all the details of your car e.c.t Bluetooth will be as an option shown if you have it :)

I checked mine with this link - came back with a few mistakes... For example, the site said my car was Titansilber Metallic and had a sunroof. Its Topaz Blue and doesn't.

There is another site like this which is more accurate but I can't remember what it is.

Strange one guys, had the rear arches done under warranty and since I have had it back there seems to be a creak from the rear of the car, on both sides. I will ring Spire BMW back on Monday, however, any ideas as to what it can be.

I call it a creak, but it is a very difficult noise to describe, and is more prominent over bumps, especially when cold, but that may be a coincidence.

Do need more power though, lol as lovely as the 330 is, its missing that raw bite

spend the extra £6k an M3 would cost you on a supercharger and keep the same running costs and reliability you have now, then when you've had enough strip it off back to stock and flog the charger to make some cash back

Ok, thanks, I will do. Anybody recommend anyone in the Hertfordshire area?

TBH.....Good Luck!!!!

I'm struggling myself! There is "Finishline" in Stevenage, who are recommended, but wanted £2k to cut out my rusty rear arches, weld in new metal and paint.