Straight6 josh

My Imola red 330ci

Them wheels should compliment that imola paintwork lovely buddy. Look forward to pics once fitted.

Edited by gaz-777

I was gonna refurb my mv2's but I'm sure once I've seen yours and jays fitted I'll just get the 18" 8 and 8.5 staggered ones of these. Only £100 more to buy at £399 than the refurb costs. They should look ace on yours

Edited by BmEagle

So, tyres are going on today :) decided on 205/40 for the front 8.5's and 225/40 for the 9.5's

Thought about having a 215 on the rear but it's too much stretch for a daily runner ! Plus 225 should still give me more than enough stretch to get some nice fitment :) considering a front 8j mv2 is suppose to have a 225/40 I'm sure it will be nice and stretched over a 9.5 ;)

No doubt I'll be maxing camber front and rear to get these to fit with my spacers !

image_zpszt8rlotb.jpg

I had 225/40 on the rear mv2s & they were slightly stretched so I'm thinking another inch they should look Bob on

Yehh thats what i was thinking !

If not ill just buy 215's next month ! im pretty sure these 225 will be fine though

Work needs to hurry up and finish so i can get my tyres fitted !

Bank accounts taken a big blow, so time to let it recover :blink: got my next big purchase fresh in my mind though... a full Imola red m3 interior :ph34r: (red on reds probably not to everyones taste but i like it!) ... after i have done my Clutch and flywheel :( stupid rattly thing is starting to do my head in, that prop shaft gulbo needs doing too.... and my front wheel bearings.... and draining and refilling my gearbox oil.

Anyway plenty to go at before i go buying pretty things ^_^

Will bang pics on as soon as i can .. actually no, when i get the fitment right :afro:

Just a teaser :)

image_zpskufd3dha.jpg

image_zpsvzqmodsq.jpg

image_zpsbjbvnvkz.jpg

image_zpsbxdpe5mq.jpg

Now, reason I'm not putting up a pic of them on the car is because well so far there are only the front two fitted ! Didn't get round to it till late last night so by the time I had messed around with the ride height and the camber it was going dark ! Test fitted them without spacers first and were a pretty good fit, but didn't have as much poke as I wanted. So, I tried them with my 15mm spacers and it's a bit of a squeeze ! Seems ok, need to wait till iv driven it too see if there is any rubbing ! The fitment as it is now is absolutely spot on, lifted the front about 5-10 mm as it was too low for 40 profile tyres, adjusted the camber to nearly max (probs about another 1-2 degrees left) and they are sat spot on. One things for sure, these would never fit without stretch tyres and camber !

With the 40 profile the car is sat a tiny bit higher so it's a bit more speed bump friendly ! Still on its T**s but more usable ! I'll get the rears on tonight and get some pics on by tomorrow !

Hopefully the rears will fit without too much mither ! Does anyone know how much adjustment there is in the standard rear camber arms ? Don't want to have to fork out for new ones :)

The stretch looking good, just enough especially if your car is a daily.

I tried to adjust my rear to the max and did the wheel alignment after, the guy said no more negative I adjusted to the max, and mine is -2`4.

I'm pretty happy with the result looks perfect for me I don't want any more.

The stretch looking good, just enough especially if your car is a daily.

I tried to adjust my rear to the max and did the wheel alignment after, the guy said no more negative I adjusted to the max, and mine is -2`4.

I'm pretty happy with the result looks perfect for me I don't want any more.

They do actually look more stretched in person, these photos don't seem to show it that well :)

Ok so I was a bit busy yesterday and didn't get chance to take a full gallery of pictures .... So here's 1 I took right after fitting :)

image_zpsrqpupikv.jpg

So, they look fantastic, fitment is nearly spot on, just a few niggles I need to iron out !

Got a bit of rubbing on the rear, now I haven't maxed the camber yet so I'm hoping that will free up a little bit of space, if not then I'll probably start with an arch roll front and back, there isn't as much rubbing on the front but it's pretty f*****g close ! It does catch when cornering hard.

So, may even end up machining my spacers down a few mm, say take them from 15 to 12. Camber on the front is nearly at its max and don't really want to add more !

On the Plus side, they look great ! I'll do my best to get a load of pics up that really show them off !

Loving this car, I was never a fan of the red but yours has totally changed my opinions.

What offsets are your new wheels?

I'm buying new rims today and don't want to get anything that I'm going to have trouble with and need the arches rolled.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Loving this car, I was never a fan of the red but yours has totally changed my opinions.

What offsets are your new wheels?

I'm buying new rims today and don't want to get anything that I'm going to have trouble with and need the arches rolled.

Hi mate, cheers :) offsets are 35 front and 40 rear. I have 15mm spacers all round so effectively my offsets are 20 and 25.

Without spacers these fit with ease, well they do with the tyres I'm running, not sure how well they would fit with the correct size tyres. I'm sure they would be fine though !

What wheels you getting ?

Ah cheers dude.

Just ordered 19s, gone with 8.5 fronts and 9.5 rears both et 40 offsets.

Should fit fine with 235 35 tyres I think. I hope anyway lol.

I've ordered the m359 wheels from cmwheels, can't wait now.

Right guys, rear camber is now maxed, only have rubbing on the rear when cornering whilst accelerating now, so I think I'm going to have to have the arches rolled front and back. I could get thinner spacers but the amount of poke is spot on with these 15mm spacers and don't really want to have to change them. The arch is catching on the front mainly now, just taking it easy at the moment so I don't ruin my tyres ! Camber on the front is nearly maxed too, so basically I need an arch roll !

image_zpsespstxn2.jpg

Spacers are off :( Doesn't look as "stancey" but there's the tyres are miles from catching. Anyway I'll be taking them into work Monday to stick them on the CNC and machine them down to 12mm :) hopefully that extra 3mm will help me clear the inner arch, well at least until I get the arches rolled.