DJ Jonny B

Car Insurance And Job Titles?

Ok so i need to renew my car insurance im currently employed as a service engineer at a mobility show room and pay £600 ish a month, allowing for the fact im buying a bar and moving to Norwich i decided to get a new quote telling them i was a bar manager and the price doubled !

However i will still own my house in Suffolk and the bar and if i put my job title as a property manager and owner it halfs it again?

So what should i put down as my job title as technically i do both but mainly run the bar, what would i get away with?

Personally I would just put the cheapest job title possible that is related in some way to what you do. I always play around for ages, mental how much a different job title will increase (or decrease) your insurance.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous in the first place. They categorise jobs according to some weird random thing that doesn't really cover all different types of job anyway, and then price the jobs differently. I think it's just a scheme to make people pay more than they need to.

If you say you're unemployed it goes way up lol

Try being in contruction and see what happens it would sky rocket. Data processor is the cheapest and then acountant, but just a quick question technically your lying if you do not put your right job title and your insurance can be void.

well I'm a heating engineer, and I was having a play on confused.com earlier and if I put plumber instead reduced it by 50quid

wether that's coz they think I'll spend more time in a van lol

either way that's what it'll be come renewal

Basically if you're sports, motor trade or entertainments you'll attract the highest premiums. Recent case law suggests that as long as you've not clearly fiddled to reduce your premium ie you've picked something that's reasonably close, even though there's something more specific in the drop down boxes, you'll be ok.

I'm a delivery driver but i also work on the counter when i'm not in the van. If i put delivery driver they refuse to let me drive other vehicles on the policy so i just say i'm a Sales Assistant... Not a complete lie so i'm sure it can't be too much of a problem!