StuBeeDoo

BMTechnic problem

Right! :( I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy yet another new laptop. :mad:

I've still got the key for my BMTechnic software. Am I likely to be able to install it to the new laptop from the external hard drive it's currently on????

Edited by StuBeeDoo

my win 7 64bit don't like it

........ So, I'm guessing, it won't work on my Windows 8.1 then? :cry: That means it's academic, from my POV, whether DJ Syxx's installer works or not.

What reliable alternatives are out there that will work with Windows 8.1? I think I'll have to write the £40-odd I paid for the BMTechnic stuff off. :mad: Never even got as far as opening it up on my laptop to see what it looks like. :rolleyes:

TBH, I'm a bit hacked-off that I shelled-out for the BMTechnic stuff only a few months ago, and now I can't get support for it and all it's any good for is the bin.

Edited by StuBeeDoo

I've got a wim of it all installed and working using non Bmtechmic stuff for my own backup. Happy to share it, but at 30gig I'm not sure how...

Might have a password on, in which I'll recreate it without if there's demand?

my win 7 64bit don't like it

........ So, I'm guessing, it won't work on my Windows 8.1 then? :cry: That means it's academic, from my POV, whether DJ Syxx's installer works or not.

What reliable alternatives are out there that will work with Windows 8.1? I think I'll have to write the £40-odd I paid for the BMTechnic stuff off. :mad: Never even got as far as opening it up on my laptop to see what it looks like. :rolleyes:

TBH, I'm a bit hacked-off that I shelled-out for the BMTechnic stuff only a few months ago, and now I can't get support for it and all it's any good for is the bin.

Let me know if your gonna ditch the cable I might take it off you. Might try and see if I can work it on another machine with my installer.

your cable will still work with inpa etc, you just need to install it manually (not via bmtechnic installers).. bit of a ball ache but i've managed it before with torrented stuff

..............and me being an IT numpty?? Can't see me getting that to work without screwing my laptop. :o Been there more than once before and trying to avoid it ever happening again.

All I need is the facility to be able to scan for fault codes - nothing more. It has to be simple to install on my laptop, idiot-proof to use, work on Windoze 8.1, and not stupidly expensive as I'm only ever likely to use it if I get a warning light. Suggestions, please................

Let me know if your gonna ditch the cable I might take it off you. Might try and see if I can work it on another machine with my installer.

PM me your address and I'll put it in the post. :) Might be a few days, though as I'm on nightshift until a week on Saturday.

Is this likely to be any good? It's a canny bit cheaper than the BMTechnic one. :wacko:

Yes these are OK. The INPA diagnostics, NCSExpert & WINFKP work fine. Getting DIS and SSS Progman working is another story since they do not provide adequate instructions on how to tweak the system to make it work with individual laptops. Also note that if you do not have a native 64bit processor (Intel code 2 DUO or later) then the VMWare Workstation software as supplied will not work and the images of DIS and SSS Progman do not work under earlier 32bit VMWare workstation installs.

All I need is the facility to be able to scan for fault codes - nothing more. It has to be simple to install on my laptop, idiot-proof to use, work on Windoze 8.1, and not stupidly expensive as I'm only ever likely to use it if I get a warning light. Suggestions, please................

Getting DIS and SSS Progman working is another story since they do not provide adequate instructions on how to tweak the system to make it work with individual laptops. Also note that if you do not have a native 64bit processor (Intel code 2 DUO or later) then the VMWare Workstation software as supplied will not work and the images of DIS and SSS Progman do not work under earlier 32bit VMWare workstation installs.

xt8d.jpg

So will it work on my laptop, and do what I want it to? That's all I want to know. A simple yes or no will do. :thumbsup:

If you want a really simple code scanner with a few extras that very straight forward you could use the P.A Soft 1.4 It's really user friendly and can do some basic coding.

I like many brought it from xcar360 in china as it can be rather pricey from other sources, took a couple of weeks to arrive but for the price can't grumble http://www.xcar360.com/bmw-scanner-1-4-0-bmw-scanner-bmw-diagnostic-bmw-scan-tool.html

Could someone up a link to a dummy proof guide how to use INPA /DIS/NCS Expert with the BM Technic software. I have had it installed for a few months and used it once to diagnose CEL light. However I want to firstly get live data via INPA and when i tried to log into E46/Engine/M54 it came up with an error message. Then maybe attempt some coding later on