gaz-777

Gaz's Graphite Grey 330ci

OK after owning the car now for over a month, i thought i would just update you guys with the small changes I've made.

First thing i did was to get my personalised plates on to officially stamp my ownership on her! I had some pressed plates already made up from Euro plates that i had on my previous car, so it was just simply a case of sticking them on the car.

The previous owner Rebel (Tony) had already fitted the led number plate bulbs and interior bulbs, but i found that the sidelight bulbs were the original ones, so i ordered some SMD LED bulbs to replace them as they match the factory Xenons.

Tony again had already drilled a hole in the centre console under the armrest to fit an AUX port, so i ordered a cable of the bay and fitted that to give me a bit more flexibility with music sources. I have a pioneer head unit with full iPod control but decided to fit that into my wives Corsa as i use that on a daily basis. I'm happy with the BMW factory unit for now but if i can afford something in the future then an Andrive unit will be installed.

The other thing that bothered me about the interior was the pedals, I've been a vauxhall owner for the last 12 years and the last 3 came with silver alloy pedals. i decided to order some for the car, but opted against silver as the interior is all black with the black cube trim, so i brought some carbon effect pedals with an ///M logo. It was my first time fitting some of these and I'm quite happy with the look to be honest, i know there not original bmw pedals but look a lot better than standard.

Here's some pictures,

http://www.e46zone.com/forum/gallery/image/4979-image/

http://www.e46zone.com/forum/gallery/image/4978-image/

http://www.e46zone.com/forum/gallery/image/4980-image/

DFBB4CFE-F691-4795-ACDB-56382F0DD378.jpg

6FBEA9DD-3CE6-4DF4-B2D0-D7F95FDED06D.jpg

Future changes will include Painting kidney grilles gloss black to match the black shadow line trim, coding the alarm to beep on arm/disarm, coding mirrors to fold on arm/disarm, coding anti-hi jack and possibly removing a middle silencer on the exhaust.

I have also wanted to give her a full detail with the rotary, but i've just not had the time. So just washing and topping up the sealant/wax is all I've been able to do.

Thoughts and Opinions welcome!

Gaz

Edited by gaz-777

Lovely looking car,what colour is it,its hard to tell from the photos but whatever it is i like it :thumbsup:

I only wish now i,d spent a bit more time looking for the right 330 as i,m now hankering to get back in an M3,i love my 330 to drive,its just not perfect enough,so i may even start looking for the perfect 330 like yours.

Steve

Hi Steve, Thanks for your comments, the colour is Graphite Grey. I was very lucky to find this buddy, i had been looking for months to find the "perfect" E46, to be honest a 330 wasn't even what i was looking for but after a bit of reassurance from people on here i had no option to go and look at this!

This is to keep long term and i'm over the moon with it.

possibly removing a middle silencer on the exhaust.

what you need is a supersprint back box :rolleyes: especially one thats just been reduced in price :D

Ha, I have seen this for sale but I've just not got the funds at the minute!

when you say new pedals, you do mean covers do you not,and are they ok in the wet when ya feet are a little slippy first off

when you say new pedals, you do mean covers do you not,and are they ok in the wet when ya feet are a little slippy first off

Yes pedal covers, machined from alloy bolted onto original pedals. All I had to do is drill the holes in the pedals for the bolts.

As to wether they are ok in the wet I am yet to find out, however they do have rubber slots in them to stop your feet slipping I assume.

It's suppose to rain today, so I guess I'll find out!

Yes pedal covers, machined from alloy bolted onto original pedals. All I had to do is drill the holes in the pedals for the bolts.

As to wether they are ok in the wet I am yet to find out, however they do have rubber slots in them to stop your feet slipping I assume.

It's suppose to rain today, so I guess I'll find out!

got those in mine. I've never slipped off. ?

Looking sweet as ever Garry. Glad to see she's in good hands :thumbsup: Liking the pedals very much (those were on my to do list) and the aux cable is a great addition. I also thought about removimg the centre resonator but couldn't find anyone to do it at a reasonable price.

Mine or his?

Lovely looking motor mate! You have the same alloys as me! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine or his?

His car mate, your old one. The Cades Tyrus look really good on the coupes too, i have those alloys on my vert pal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks gash mate. Buy it off ya :thumbsup:

Hey Tony, are you missing her?

Just a bit buddy and haven't really found anything that grabs me.

Any more plans? Did you do the center box delete?