mit

Any Of You Ride Motorbikes?

I just ordered a new Ducati Monster like the one below after test riding it last week. Haven't really ridden for years but this handles so well compared to stuff I've had before. Plus the weather's perfect for it! :lol:

20080526124918_ducati_monster_696.jpg

I ride a mountain bike - but thats about as far as my 2 wheeled adventures go! Im far too accident prone to get myself a motorbike as i know id end up bent and mangled.

My uncle is/was a keen biker and i have had rides on Fireblades, Deytona's, Blackbirds....all of which scared the s*** out of me, but i can definitely see the thrill of it all.

She looks a beauty though mate, what engine is it?

I ride a mountain bike - but thats about as far as my 2 wheeled adventures go! Im far too accident prone to get myself a motorbike as i know id end up bent and mangled.

My uncle is/was a keen biker and i have had rides on Fireblades, Deytona's, Blackbirds....all of which scared the s*** out of me, but i can definitely see the thrill of it all.

She looks a beauty though mate, what engine is it?

696, about 80bhp and 165kg. Pretty quick but not exactly a superbike! I was always scared of riding too, but this thing feels more like my mountain bike than anything scary! Felt really confident riding it and picked it up easily after about 6 years of not riding :lol:

Had a bike crash once, never been back on one since.

Thats a nice looking bike though, always liked Ducatis

Same, had a crash when I was 18. Picked up another bike a few years later but didn't ride it much and ebayed it. Just thinking I'm not getting any younger so I might as well get one now before it's too late! :D

had a bandit 600, 07 yamy r6, ninja zx9r, and now got hornet 900 the r6 almost killed me to 1 month in hospital 2 years off work but love them so dont think il ever stop riding them

Holy crap I don't think I'll be riding mine like that, it's more for cruising around town and posing hahaha :)

an old lady did a u turn in a country road in front of me = broken leg,hand fractured neck and knee cap three skin grafts and over 3 years 8 month in a cast 7 month with a metal pin in my leg then 7 more months with bigger pin and screws in leg then 4 month with a cage on my leg with 10 steel rods going thru the skin bone and out other side but all fixed now :lol:

Ello Mit, I have a CBR 600RR-4 in Red/Black, purchased it from Lee off the site.

I passed my test last October & it was the best thing I've ever done.

Getting out in the open road is awesome.

As a bonus my son has a Hornet 2009 600cc, so we go out together quite a bit, sooo much fun.

We went to Moto Gp last weekend on the bikes @ Silverstone, what a brilliant weekend, we also went to practise on Friday.

I know it's only a 600cc, but OMG it goes sooooooooo well :lol:

an old lady did a u turn in a country road in front of me = broken leg,hand fractured neck and knee cap three skin grafts and over 3 years 8 month in a cast 7 month with a metal pin in my leg then 7 more months with bigger pin and screws in leg then 4 month with a cage on my leg with 10 steel rods going thru the skin bone and out other side but all fixed now :D

:lol: And thats the reason i stick to 4 wheeled motoring!Not just yourself you have to worry about!

Colin that's sweet! I really like the CBR600RR!

Really wanted to get a Buell but they are impossible to find these days, and well, the Ducati is a Ducati!!

It's going to be ready to collect this Saturday but I'm out of the country this weekend, so will have to wait another week! D'oh! :lol:

What's the story with remaps? I know it used to be a big thing in the 90's but does anyone do this on bikes these days?

I cant believe no-one else has not said it yet !! Does it have Wood Trim Mit ? :lol::D

lol :)

Just bought a nice number plate for it - K155 CYA - will look good on the back of the bike I think :)

i should be picking up a 1953 BsA c11 in a few weeks not exactly a bike i can pose on but now the healeys finished i need a new project thought id try something different and do a bike not sure wether to restore it back to its former glory, go down the mad custom rout or go for the army/rat look

OMG is that the s1000? One came up next to me at the traffic lights and I had to ask the guy what it was! It's awesome! Costs something like £18k though, and probably as much again to insure lol

3e4c8d2a.jpg

Mit i saw three guys riding in a lil convoy all brand new i had no clue wat they were til i looked it up, but im pretty sure u can get then for like 10-12k theres options to have traction and launch control too lol loverly bike

Might be 12k, that's still Ducati 1098 territory though, and it won't work for Central London! :lol:

I did my full bike test wen I was 21, went and brought a Gsx-R straight after, I do find it abit daft that some one with no experience can go out and buy a bike that'll keep up with ferrari's and porsches.

Had my bike for 3years now and loved every minute even if I am a fair weather biker, Im in a small club who ride out most weekend and ive done two trackdays which are mental.

Me doing my best Power rangers impression :lol:

4747_180760185525_539350525_6934178_1151909_n.jpg

currently have a suzuki gsxr750 k7 and a husqvarna sm610 ie... love bikes they are a big part of who i am :D

cant imagine not having one anymore

I currently ride a GSXR1000, i have been riding bikes since i was a kid, all my mates have bikes and we are out most weekends. i couldnt imagine not having a bike too.

Grrr, annoyingly they won't release the bike until they've seen my insurance certificate, which I have to wait for postman Pat to deliver :@