mit

Any Of You Ride Motorbikes?

Oh I'm not going for motoGP, I'm going for the 24h inline skating race (which I run a team for)... www.24rollers.com

10 of us in the team... but there are some solo, duo and endurance (5 person) teams :)

London SpeedSkaters (not my team) regularly finish on the podium. Britain is pretty good at speedskating, if only they'd recognise it as a legitimate sport here!

Hi guys I need a bit of advice from experienced motorcyclists!

I was going down Regent St today with solid (stationary) traffic on my side. I was weaving in and out of the cars, vans, cabs etc. until a bus was in front. As there was no room for me to fit between the bus and a small island I went on the other side of the road to get in front of the bus.

When I was at the front of the traffic waiting for the lights to go green another motorcyclists told me that I could be given 3 points for going around the island on the wrong side of the road.

Is this true? The other side of the road was completely empty!

Has anyone ever heard that before? :)

Yeah you can get done for it. Not sure about the points but you can definitely get a fine. I know people who have had one...

Years ago I had 5 points for dangerous driving for skipping round a mini roundabout on the wrong side.......I was young and foolish and didn't realise me and my mate were in full view of a copper!

Do not have one myself but always envied my mates who do. If I ever get into the Motorcycle scene I have always wanted to own a ducati, suzuki Hayabusa or a MITT. Last one is more a dream than anything.

Using the best phablet ever

Well it got a bit harder as of today, if you're under 24 anyway.

JFDI mate; I'd never thought of it before 'til a mate of mine took me out on back of his NC30. Haven't looked back since. If nothing else, it's a life skill - something you'll always be able to do.

How is it harder now arry?

I'm still on my cbt it expires in 18 months

New rules on what bikes you can ride and when; whereas before if you were on a restricted A2 licence ie 33bhp that restriction would automatically cease to be after 2 years of passing your test, now you have to do another test on the 'right' bike to get your full entitlement. It's a bloody minefield - even DSA don't understand it properly, but they're trying with these flow charts and videos :lol:

Will look into it sometime this year. Gonna start with a Yzf 125 and see how it goes

My advice? DON'T. The YZF is basically a YBR in a sporty frock but without being sporty. They're expensive and rather pointless. They're loaded up with expensive plastics and if you drop it, financially it's not going to end well for you. If you're going the 125 route just buy a YBR and stick it out until you can get something bigger.

Yeah, they're pretty cool :D

I was debating whether he meant 'are they any good' or whether he was referring to whether it was legal for him to get one nowadays with the rule changes! The answer to the first question is hell yeah.... answer to the second is god knows!

it seems with the rule changes if your over 21 you can take the cbt and then do the Direct access test and that gives you the choice of riding any size of motorbikes. well from what i undersand anyways. will call up a test centre and see what they say. if thats the case i can start off with something upto 750cc.

Afraid not, watch the vid I posted above - you're only allowed to take your test on a category A2 bike. That means 395 CC and between 33 and 46bhp. Then you'd have to do your test again 2 years later on a 600 producing enough power. Then you've got full access.

Afraid not, watch the vid I posted above - you're only allowed to take your test on a category A2 bike. That means 395 CC and between 33 and 46bhp. Then you'd have to do your test again 2 years later on a 600 producing enough power. Then you've got full access.

Wow they really don't want people on motorbikes do they? Or is this some kind of progressive scheme they are introducing so they can force cyclists to get a licence :lol: