Sam

Introduce yourself

So further to my intro a few posts back..

I have just bought a 333cd.. old Diesel burner... LOL .. 54 plate.. it was a steal.. coupe. dark dark blue, almost black.. been remapped (woooosh) and EGR delete done.. going to defo check the swirl flaps at weekend... leather int..

Its missing both the L/R fog light/air duct surrounds ... anybody have some for sale??

Also there is no spare wheel??? anyone have a 17" space saver

Pics to follow as soon as it stops bloody raining......

So further to my intro a few posts back..

I have just bought a 333cd.. old Diesel burner... LOL .. 54 plate.. it was a steal.. coupe. dark dark blue, almost black.. been remapped (woooosh) and EGR delete done.. going to defo check the swirl flaps at weekend... leather int..

Its missing both the L/R fog light/air duct surrounds ... anybody have some for sale??

Also there is no spare wheel??? anyone have a 17" space saver

Pics to follow as soon as it stops bloody raining......

Silly question, but you sure you don't have a spare wheel. When I bought my first BM I thought the same, then realised it was hidden away under the everything I thought it should be

But then, I am dense like that sometimes, haha!

Hello All, I'm Doug and just recently purchased my first BMW (always wanted one). I'm about to turn 50 and I'm about to get divorced, so I wanted something fun and I ended up purchasing a 2000 BMW 323ci convertible. Unfortunately, I'm still learning the intricacies of purchasing German luxury autos and I came to find there are several items that need repaired. Would like to get acquainted with the folks on the site and get insights into problems, repairs, and parts for my mid-life crisis car. She needs some work, but I still really like my 323ci project car and hope to get her up to standards and drive it for many years to come. BMW repair and parts out here in the DC area are pretty expensive and so ANY insights into repairs and parts from you veteran BMW owners would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! Cheers! - Doug

Afternoon all, I've checked this place for a lot of technical details so finally decided to sign up & hopefully contribute.
I'm an automotive engineer based in Brighton & have had a 55-reg 330Ci for a few years now. It feels a bit slow after having played with 90s era turbo Nissans but the M54 makes a nice noise with the right intake, which makes up for it in my book!
I've done a bit of touring around the alps & an easy lap of the ring, it's a great car for it aside from the factory audio setup which is an easy enough fix. Anyway, cheers!
782494d1-a003-4e5e-98ca-fc559b3cecf0_zps
Edited by govich

Welcome all newbies - Hopefully see you all at Santa Pod? Sign up Quick!!

http://www.e46zone.com/forum/topic/60830-bmw-show-santa-pod-27th-sept-guys-put-names-down/page-3

Hello E46 zone. Quick post to introduce myself, I'm Anthony and I am the proud owner of an 04 E46 330Ci with 80k miles, which I have owned for about a year. It's my second car, my weekend fun. I have attached a picture to this post. I live in the Manchester area, I’m in full time employment and in possession of my own teeth and a full head of hair, the latter not too bad for a man in approaching the wrong end of his forties. Moving swiftly on, I have previously owned an Alpina (I miss that), and I bought the E46 to take the sting out of redundancy last year and I am completely smitten. Following a little altercation on the motorway recently I'm going to be needing a few bits and pieces and some advice, also looking to tidy up the interior upholstery. More on that in following posts, but if anyone can recommend someone in the Manchester who can bring leather back to life I'd appreciate a recommendation, mines not too bad but the usual wear on drivers bolster etc. Also in the market for a wind deflector if anyone has one they want to part with. I am separated, have 4 kids who are pretty much all grown up now, I have a daft dog who I have sole custody of ;-)

Hope that's OK for a first post, looking forward to getting involved.

Ant​hony

post-37039-0-79645500-1440019126_thumb.j

Hello & Welcome Anthony, nice looking car. I have a BMW wind deflector with bag for sale, £125 plus postage. PM me if of interest.

Also have a hardtop and a stand for sale.

Edited by Davy J

Hi.

Darren from Lincs. looking to change from a 2005 Mini Cooper checkmate to an E46. Hoping for a nice diesel tourer.

The mini is lovely but isn't big enough now I've got 2 kids and I've always liked the e46. For me the tourer is a very handsome car.

Joined to have a look around to see what's about and get some tips.

Cheers.

Picked this up on Tuesday and added the black kidney grills but nothing else, I love it:) Oh, and it's booked in to get the HK sub replaced with a ski pass custom built JL sub, box and amp. Then I'll stop spending money!!

DE779DA0-7924-41BD-B56B-E8F801B94230_zps

Hi I'm Pete just joined today I've always seen posts from this site when I've been doing things to my car which I've had for 5 years now but I'm a bit stuck on the suspension. I know this isn't the right place to post as it's an intro but I can't seem to post anywhere else ? Not sure why ? But any help would be great cheers guys.

Hi I have done lots of reading up on this but can't seem to find the exact issue I have so thought I would just ask.

I have a 2003 BMW 330 ci convertible m sport it's a great car and I thought I'd get the suspension changed so after some research I went with budget coilover off ebay called pro sport as I had herd good things about them. I've had them fitted about 6 months now and I hate them lol. The roads around where I live in Essex are pretty bad and I've had enough of the bumpy crashy ride.

But I do like how it sits being a bit lower. My caris just a DD never going on a track and mostly just drive around town and the odd long trip/holiday.

Ive decided I'm going with the eibach lowering springs for the convertible as they are perfect for what I'm looking for but I can't make my mind up on the shocks and struts. I read one post someone wrote saying use the SE shocks and struts with the eibach springs for the most comfortable ride but as my car is a m-sport will they work ? Is it even a good idea ? Or would I be better going with the m-sport shocks and struts ? I don't drive it too the limit that much any more as often have the family in the car but I do like good handling for when the mood takes me and there is no children or dogs in with me lol.

I asked a couple of parts suppliers and most of them said those parts won't work on my car but I have read lots of people with the non sport cars putting the sports suspension on them. so I can't see why it won't work the other way round? But all the new parts come to just over £500 so I don't want to get them all and find out it won't work.

My main priority is comfort for going over the pot holes , cracks , speed bumps uneven road as it's truly shocking compared to lots of places in the country which I realise visiting other county's.

Sorry that this went on so long but I've been researching this loads over the last few weeks and want to do something ASAP so any help would be great. Thanks

Hi everyone, I have just bought myself my first BMW, 2003 318i. Bought from a car dealer, love the car but has a couple of issues I have noticed over my two weeks of owning it. Hope I can get some info from you guys after I post in the right section :)

Hi I'm Pete just joined today I've always seen posts from this site when I've been doing things to my car which I've had for 5 years now but I'm a bit stuck on the suspension. I know this isn't the right place to post as it's an intro but I can't seem to post anywhere else ? Not sure why ? But any help would be great cheers guys.

Hi I have done lots of reading up on this but can't seem to find the exact issue I have so thought I would just ask.

I have a 2003 BMW 330 ci convertible m sport it's a great car and I thought I'd get the suspension changed so after some research I went with budget coilover off ebay called pro sport as I had herd good things about them. I've had them fitted about 6 months now and I hate them lol. The roads around where I live in Essex are pretty bad and I've had enough of the bumpy crashy ride.

But I do like how it sits being a bit lower. My caris just a DD never going on a track and mostly just drive around town and the odd long trip/holiday.

Ive decided I'm going with the eibach lowering springs for the convertible as they are perfect for what I'm looking for but I can't make my mind up on the shocks and struts. I read one post someone wrote saying use the SE shocks and struts with the eibach springs for the most comfortable ride but as my car is a m-sport will they work ? Is it even a good idea ? Or would I be better going with the m-sport shocks and struts ? I don't drive it too the limit that much any more as often have the family in the car but I do like good handling for when the mood takes me and there is no children or dogs in with me lol.

I asked a couple of parts suppliers and most of them said those parts won't work on my car but I have read lots of people with the non sport cars putting the sports suspension on them. so I can't see why it won't work the other way round? But all the new parts come to just over £500 so I don't want to get them all and find out it won't work.

My main priority is comfort for going over the pot holes , cracks , speed bumps uneven road as it's truly shocking compared to lots of places in the country which I realise visiting other county's.

Sorry that this went on so long but I've been researching this loads over the last few weeks and want to do something ASAP so any help would be great. Thanks

Always thought lowering springs on standard shocks was not the best idea as the lower ride height put constant pressure on the shocks reducing their life.. Just my two pennies worth

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hi everyone, I have just bought an E46 318i Se touring. I needed a load Luger so,it was obvious choice. I have had loads of different cars over the years but never an E46 before. I also have a Subaru Impreza track day car (half share with my mate) in disgusting yellow and an 83 Capri that is in the process of being rebuilt from the ground up - one of the reasons I needed a bigger car. I am a pretty handy DIY mechanic and have built and raced loads over the years, including electric cars that have beaten Jagauar and Peugeot works teams so hopefully I will be of some use in the technical sections as time goes by.

Hi there, my name is Dan, I'm from Northampton, I really fancied getting myself a project car to play about with so a few weeks ago I bought this 2001 pre-facelift 330i Sport Touring. It will be like new when I'm eventually finished with it but that's going to take some time.

image.jpg1_zpscfqjfis6.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

Hi all!

Im live near heathrow and have Got myself my first bmw :D

It Being a 330Cd on an 04 plate with the 204hp engine :)

Thought id join as i have already seen so much usefulness on this site! :)

Hey mate. Where abouts near Heathrow.

I am based near by in hounslow. Might see you about then.

Hi folks, I'm a big e46 fan not scared of a bit of DIY. In the process of refurbishing and rebuilding a supercharged 330 touring with over 200k it's taken months but very nearly there. Will get some thread going once I work out how to post images on the IPad! Any suggestions on apps to help greatly appreciated. :-D

image.jpg1_zpsfvkihccu.jpg

Edited by MoreBHP