Sam

Introduce yourself

Hi everyone

The name is Usman, and I'm a uni student. I live just outside West London and I don't actually own a BMW... yet. The E46 M3 was my desktop wallpaper on my first ever PC and I've dreamed of owning an E46 for the best part of a decade. I've sold my first car now and am looking for a 318Ci facelift. Best part of 140bhp will be enough as I'm coming from 105 and splashing money I don't have on insurance for a 320/323/325/330 just isn't even close to a priority. Insurance my age in the UK is a bit of a swear word and I also have a swear word-ing conviction for speeding on my licence until 2019 so that hasn't helped my swear word-ing premium. Looking to spend circa £3000.

Hi everyone

The name is Usman, and I'm a uni student. I live just outside West London and I don't actually own a BMW... yet. The E46 M3 was my desktop wallpaper on my first ever PC and I've dreamed of owning an E46 for the best part of a decade. I've sold my first car now and am looking for a 318Ci facelift. Best part of 140bhp will be enough as I'm coming from 105 and splashing money I don't have on insurance for a 320/323/325/330 just isn't even close to a priority. Insurance my age in the UK is a bit of a swear word and I also have a swear word-ing conviction for speeding on my licence until 2019 so that hasn't helped my swear word-ing premium. Looking to spend circa £3000.

Welcome to the zone mate.

Bought my first e46 318ci. When i was 21. Was at uni too.

What car did you have before.

Also where abouts in West London. As I am hounslow.

This is a good forum for advice and like minded people who like cars.

Look fwd for the new car.

Hi everyone

Welcome to the zone mate.

Bought my first e46 318ci. When i was 21. Was at uni too.

What car did you have before.

Also where abouts in West London. As I am hounslow.

This is a good forum for advice and like minded people who like cars.

Look fwd for the new car.

Ah I'm exactly at that point at the moment! I had a Honda Civic 1.6 i Sport VTEC Sport 3dr in Gunmetal grey with the 17" Penta alloys and Sport body kit. Car was a damn mess, the last owner or owners had mistreated it for too long and it came to a point where the repairs weren't worth it. I'm based in Slough so about 15 minutes down the road from yourself.

I love my cars but because of finances I'm just unable to indulge in my passion as of yet. Soon though, soon.

Very much looking forward.

Edit: apologies for the unnecessarily long quote-in-quote - new to this forum stuff

Edited by UsmanE46

Hi all. My names Daniel from the west Midlands. Finally bought my 1st BMW it's a 320ci 2.2 convertible pre facelift, Oxford green with cream interior ?? brilliant for a daily.

I also own A 1999 Nissan 200sx. Previously owned a BMW mini one, slammed with ap coilovers and Rotiform BLQ's

I'm 20 years old, currently at university, I am a music producer and sound engineer.

BMW enthusiast, which runs in my blood lol also projecting a e24 635csi! as father passed it on to me and my older brother !

See you all at gaydon !

Edited by kouki_dan

Hi everyone

The N42/N46 engines (engines in the 318) are known to be troublesome, you'll be best off trying to get a 320. £3k should find you a decent car. I know you said that insurance will be an issue with the 320 or above but I was in the same position as you in January when I bought my E46, I was looking at 318's and everyone told me to avoid them due to the extremely common engine issues, after getting insurance quotes on a 320ci Sport I actually found that it was only about £80 a year more than the 318ci Sport! If it helps, I'm 21 with 3 points on my license (not for speeding!) and a claim. Have a look, you might be pleasantly surprised. :thumbsup:

Hi all. My names Daniel from the west Midlands. Finally bought my 1st BMW it's a 320ci 2.2 convertible pre facelift, Oxford green with cream interior brilliant for a daily.

I also own A 1999 Nissan 200sx. Previously owned a BMW mini one, slammed with ap coilovers and Rotiform BLQ's

I'm 20 years old, currently at university, I am a music producer and sound engineer.

BMW enthusiast, which runs in my blood lol also projecting a e24 635csi! as father passed it on to me and my older brother !

See you all at gaydon !

Oxford Green, not a common colour, get some pictures up if you can! Also some pictures of the E24 :)

Hello people,

I would like to introduce myself. I'm new newbie here in this forum. So my name will be Legol ;D I'm 24 years old and I'm from Eastern Europ - Lithuania.

I have E46 330i ZHP and I would like to share all I got with you guys. So see you soon...

Edited by legol

Hi all - I'm a newbie on here, I picked up my new daily this time last week, a '54 330Ci Auto Sport in Mystic blue with black Sport leather, and I really love it.

I live in Guildford, I'm 41 and work as a Production Planner for a cash machine company.

I'm used to BMs having had a 325i E30, 3 x E28s, and 2 x E34s.

Looking forward to meeting some of you!

Barney

Edited by Barnz74

Hi all..

My name is Colin.. I live in Milton Keynes and work as a transport manager..

Loving all the awesome cars on this site..!!! The information, diy guides, build logs are so detailed.. great information...

I am looking for the right car now.. been looking for a couple of months.. loads have come up but I am so spoilt by the pics on here I can't seem to find the right one..

Travelled all day on Saturday on the trains to see a 330 coupe... looked great in the pics and write up but was a complete let down when I got there... had the cash an everything sorted to drive it home... so disappointed...

Anyway ... keeping a look out.. so if anyone thinking of selling up please let me know..

I look forward to meeting some of you.. definitely coming to Santa Pod.. see you there...

Colin

Anyway ... keeping a look out.. so if anyone thinking of selling up please let me know..

Welcome along Colin :) I'm just down the road from you in Aylesbury - if you ever need body shop advice in MK, I can tell you where not to go! (Ask me how I know :( )

Not sure what you're looking for, but Sam (the forum owner) has a 2003 330i facelift manual convertible for sale for £3.6k-ish, and is located pretty close to you being based just outside Bicester. I think it's had a full respray too - it certainly looks good. Advert's on Pistonheads... If you buy it - tell Sam I'll take a 10% commision :D

http://www.e46zone.com/forum/topic/60248-fs-bmw-330ci-convertible-black-oem-reduced-now-l3995/

http://www.e46zone.com/forum/topic/58316-sams-330ci-convertible-about-time/

Edited by TriggerFish

Thanks Triggerfish...

Sam's convertible does look nice.. verts not my thing.. coupes.. yes

Looking for something that's not been messed about to much..

Thinking of going to see this down your way tomorrow after work

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201507165258892/sort/locasc/radius/1500/latitude/52.00637124086142/longitude/-0.7528288988143248/make/BMW/model/3_series/price-to/2500/page/1/usedcars

Really want a manual though... so few about...

Edited by Fastasbmw

Looks decent so far, just a shame its an auto :( not in the best part of town (not that its bad there though), but as a trader, I guess you can't read too much into it...

Depending how it goes, it might be worth picking up the inpa software so you can scan anything you look at for fault codes, as it's only £20, and could save you a fortune

Ignore that comment, I'm reading the map wrong!

LOL.. thanks Triggerfish

INPA software of evilbay? do i need a cable to connect laptop to OBD port? and where is OBD port on these?.. last cable and software i bought was for my Range Rover to sort out all the suspension settings etc..

Hello everyone great forum I've been using it for awhile thought I better sign up to it as its a wealth of information . I've had several e46 318i great cars good to drive trouble is I've bought a 04 plate 318 n42 m sport with 65000 on clock only just run in really. Thing is it flutters on tick over around 500-600 rpm like its missing I've done everything to it after reading forum.changed cam sensors. crank sensors ccv maf.smoke test checked timing vvt you name it but it's still rough tickover. Is there anyone out there who can help much appreciated as it's very annoying thanks

Hi guys,

I've been using E36 forums with my 1997 328 convertible. I felt like a change and have just bought a 2005 MY 330 convertible, I fell in love with the colour and the options list.. It has pretty much everything on the list (including hardtop) and is a one owner FSH 55,000 (UK) mile genuine car. I collect it on Tuesday next week and can't wait, I hope I won't be needing too much advice on any issues I encounter!! Here's a few pictures below.

Thanks,

Rich

79355B9B-9417-4904-A557-B4BC275D363C_zps

45B4B1BF-5978-4ED6-B43E-6DB3E44C60F1_zps

Hi guys,

I've been using E36 forums with my 1997 328 convertible. I felt like a change and have just bought a 2005 MY 330 convertible, I fell in love with the colour and the options list.. It has pretty much everything on the list (including hardtop) and is a one owner FSH 55,000 (UK) mile genuine car. I collect it on Tuesday next week and can't wait, I hope I won't be needing too much advice on any issues I encounter!! Here's a few pictures below.

Thanks,

Rich79355B9B-9417-4904-A557-B4BC275D363C_zps45B4B1BF-5978-4ED6-B43E-6DB3E44C60F1_zps

Welcome... Nice looking vert... great colour....

Welcome... Nice looking vert... great colour....

Thanks dude. Now researching Dension products to add decent handsfree and DAB capabilities:)

So further to my intro a few posts back..

I have just bought a 333cd.. old Diesel burner... LOL .. 54 plate.. it was a steal.. coupe. dark dark blue, almost black.. been remapped (woooosh) and EGR delete done.. going to defo check the swirl flaps at weekend... leather int..

Its missing both the L/R fog light/air duct surrounds ... anybody have some for sale??

Also there is no spare wheel??? anyone have a 17" space saver

Pics to follow as soon as it stops bloody raining......