dlj222

2001 330i Se

Just bought this, cost me £1790 which I think is pretty cheap for what it is. Done nearly 183k but drives lovely. Only things I need to do are the cooling system (preventative) and one of the keys will open the doors but not start the car - done a little digging but can't find a definitive answer - is BMW the only place to sort the key? Pretty rubbish pics but gives you the idea.

img00033201009281509.th.jpg

img00030201009281508.th.jpg

img00029201009281508.th.jpg

img00025201009281506.th.jpg

img00023201009281504.th.jpg

- Sit in the car with all the doors shut and windows up with your key fobs (all your fobs need to be done at the same time)

- With one of your keys turn the ignition on then off and remove the key

- Press and hold the unlock botton and then press the lock button 3 times.

- Release all buttons and the locks will bounce up and down.

- Repeat this with the other key/keys (press and hold unlock and press lock 3 times, locks will bounce)

Note: Only switch your ignition on once, doing so again while programming will reset the process and you will have to start again.

Source

Cheers everyone and thanks for doing the pic for me! I think it looks nice considering the miles it's done and it was cheap enough that even if it does need work doing it's still good value. Yes the colour is Cosmos Schwarz, should polish up well when I do it this weekend. MOT until July and a months tax. I was looking at 330 coupes but this was too cheap to ignore really.

I previously had a Classic Impreza Turbo 2000 (the 'base' Turbo model, 220bhp) and this is every bit as quick but a far better all rounder. I don't even miss the flat 4 sound as much as expected thanks to the 6 cylinder growl. A lot more subtle too which I like.

Also thanks a lot for the info on the keys, I'll give that a go B)