cdt808 Posted March 6, 2012 Report Share Posted March 6, 2012 do it Jay, a personlised plate aways sets the car off totally agree, my vert looks a million times better since putting my new plate on. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Wash Posted March 6, 2012 Report Share Posted March 6, 2012 Believe what u want wash but take it from someone who drives 1 ;-) 1/4 mile 14secs bang on even come before a fast manual (twice) lol WOW 2.0ltr u be carful in that beast lol how old r ya?? The DSG/double clutch/DPK etc gearboxes are faster than manual gearboxes these days but a standard auto can't be. I'm 17 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
zimzimmer46 Posted March 6, 2012 Report Share Posted March 6, 2012 Pmsl like I said u haven't driven 1. Ur 17 and telling me I can't drive cos I dont roll round in a manual haha you've only just passed ur test lol behave urself chavling ;-) topped my car and it does exactly what I wanted it to do ;-) ill topped it again soon and I'll video it for ya. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
RickyZ Posted March 6, 2012 Report Share Posted March 6, 2012 Jay get that plate dude will be much better Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Wash Posted March 6, 2012 Report Share Posted March 6, 2012 Pmsl like I said u haven't driven 1. Ur 17 and telling me I can't drive cos I dont roll round in a manual haha you've only just passed ur test lol behave urself chavling ;-) topped my car and it does exactly what I wanted it to do ;-) ill topped it again soon and I'll video it for ya. I've not driven a 330 auto but I've driven autos in general (an S320 mostly) and whilst I agree with autos being great for laid back lazy driving, there's no doubt that a manual is way better for performance and driving pleasure. If automatics were so fast, why didn't the M3 come with one? As for chavs, I'm not the one who ripped apart a propshaft doing hard launches for months on end. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
zimzimmer46 Posted March 6, 2012 Report Share Posted March 6, 2012 M3 didn't have auto cos of weight so that's why they had SMG. Lazy laid back maybe but like I said been driving longer than u been alive. U never experienced roads 20 years ago where there wasn't as much traff so less foot work is nice. So ragging round in a mkI gti was great fun ;-) Them launches was probably giving me 0-60 in under 6 secs as setting off was ballistic ;-) I was testing the car :-) Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Wash Posted March 6, 2012 Report Share Posted March 6, 2012 (edited) M3 didn't have auto cos of weight so that's why they had SMG. I think we both know that's not the only reason it wasn't offered with an auto. Lazy laid back maybe but like I said been driving longer than u been alive. U never experienced roads 20 years ago where there wasn't as much traff so less foot work is nice. So ragging round in a mkI gti was great fun ;-) You just reiterated what I said. I said that autos are for lazy laid back driving, and then you went on to say that that less foot work is nice lol. Also, I don't know why you keep telling me that you've been driving for X amount of time, do you like being old or something? Them launches was probably giving me 0-60 in under 6 secs as setting off was ballistic ;-) I was testing the car :-) If that's what you call it, then OK Edited March 6, 2012 by Wash Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chimp Choker Posted March 7, 2012 Report Share Posted March 7, 2012 sold my old haulingan dvd/sat nav last night, so have the $$$$ to buy one of mintimperial's android devices without eating into my car fund too much...... bring on the droid Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
zimzimmer46 Posted March 7, 2012 Report Share Posted March 7, 2012 I think we both know that's not the only reason it wasn't offered with an auto. You just reiterated what I said. I said that autos are for lazy laid back driving, and then you went on to say that that less foot work is nice lol. Also, I don't know why you keep telling me that you've been driving for X amount of time, do you like being old or something? If that's what you call it, then OK Driving a auto dosen't mean u can't drive ;-) In auto it can be relaxed and for sprinted driving I use paddles which makes the car completely different. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blair Posted March 7, 2012 Report Share Posted March 7, 2012 Driving a auto dosen't mean u can't drive ;-) In auto it can be relaxed and for sprinted driving I use paddles which makes the car completely different. I'm not sure he said driving an auto means you can't drive. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Wash Posted March 7, 2012 Report Share Posted March 7, 2012 Driving a auto dosen't mean u can't drive ;-) In auto it can be relaxed and for sprinted driving I use paddles which makes the car completely different. Obviously when I said people who have autos can't drive was a bit of an over exaggeration, hence the "" at the end of the sentence. You can have a relaxing drive in a manual car too, you just have to move your left leg and left arm a bit too. If that's too much effort then you're just lazy. As for spirited drives, that's manual gearbox territory. Cars like the Porsche 911 GT3 RS and the BMW 1M Coupe come only with manual gearboxes because they are serious driver's cars, not people who go round pulling on paddles thinking they're changing gear when in reality they're telling the gearbox to do it for them. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SamN Posted March 7, 2012 Report Share Posted March 7, 2012 Will do mate was looking @ snug before & it made me want one good Them launches was probably giving me 0-60 in under 6 secs as setting off was ballistic ;-) Did I miss something? You still drive a 330 right? I'm intrigued as to what you've done to it to get it to 60 in under 6 secs? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mikey Posted March 7, 2012 Report Share Posted March 7, 2012 As for spirited drives, that's manual gearbox territory. Cars like the Porsche 911 GT3 RS and the BMW 1M Coupe come only with manual gearboxes because they are serious driver's cars, not people who go round pulling on paddles thinking they're changing gear when in reality they're telling the gearbox to do it for them. I'm guessing your theory rules out F1 cars as I would say they are drivers cars ! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
RickyZ Posted March 7, 2012 Report Share Posted March 7, 2012 (edited) As for spirited drives, that's manual gearbox territory. Cars like the Porsche 911 GT3 RS and the BMW 1M Coupe come only with manual gearboxes because they are serious driver's cars, not people who go round pulling on paddles thinking they're changing gear when in reality they're telling the gearbox to do it for them. 1 word.... F1 edit: damn u Mikey Edited March 7, 2012 by Trickster Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
paulyb Posted March 7, 2012 Report Share Posted March 7, 2012 Technically F1 isn't a word, but I see your point Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DaveGT Posted March 7, 2012 Report Share Posted March 7, 2012 sold my old haulingan dvd/sat nav last night, so have the $$$$ to buy one of mintimperial's android devices without eating into my car fund too much...... bring on the droid Will be doing the same! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
paulyb Posted March 7, 2012 Report Share Posted March 7, 2012 Talking of Formula one, how many races are on BBC this year as Sky have muscled in, I don't have Sky but could be a perfect excuse to get off to a mates house with a crate of beer, f1 party anyone? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
zimzimmer46 Posted March 7, 2012 Report Share Posted March 7, 2012 Did I miss something? You still drive a 330 right? I'm intrigued as to what you've done to it to get it to 60 in under 6 secs? Yeah still have the 330. Well I was a c**t for what I was doing but in joyed every launch lol. Basically foot on the brake whilst keeping the revs at 1500-4000 but not for long as most of the red lights round my way I know when they'll turn green....so it's only for about 3-5secs at the very most. When u let off the brake (dsc off) the car dosen't spin unless u rev the b******s off but the acceleration is f**king immense :-) proper throws ur head back. Had a m8 in the car timing it with his stop watch on his phone he stopped it at 5.9 but I payed the price for it :-( so that don't happen anymore or I'd be looking at a new box. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gaz Posted March 7, 2012 Report Share Posted March 7, 2012 I'm guessing your theory rules out F1 cars as I would say they are drivers cars ! 1 word.... F1 edit: damn u Mikey To be fair though, they're going round corners at upwards of 140mph. Taking their hands off the wheel would be ridiculous at that speed so they need to be flappy paddle really. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chimp Choker Posted March 7, 2012 Report Share Posted March 7, 2012 Will be doing the same! dave get it on the bay, i had 9 watchers in less than 24 hours, and got offered what i was looking for done deal Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
RickyZ Posted March 7, 2012 Report Share Posted March 7, 2012 Talking of Formula one, how many races are on BBC this year as Sky have muscled in, I don't have Sky but could be a perfect excuse to get off to a mates house with a crate of beer, f1 party anyone? Exactly half, although all can be watched live online To be fair though, they're going round corners at upwards of 140mph. Taking their hands off the wheel would be ridiculous at that speed so they need to be flappy paddle really. Flappy paddle as you call it is just better Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gaz Posted March 7, 2012 Report Share Posted March 7, 2012 Talking of Formula one, how many races are on BBC this year as Sky have muscled in, I don't have Sky but could be a perfect excuse to get off to a mates house with a crate of beer, f1 party anyone? The ones BBC are showing: 15 April: China13 May: Spain27 May: Monaco24 June: Europe8 July: Britain2 September: Belgium23 September: Singapore14 October: Korea4 November: Abu Dhabi25 November: Brazil Source Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Colossuss Posted March 7, 2012 Report Share Posted March 7, 2012 Flappy paddle as you call it is just better And how is it in the snow? Also I didn't know you have a OEM+ F1 car, when did BMW release that? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
paulyb Posted March 7, 2012 Report Share Posted March 7, 2012 Cheers for the info lads, if the BBC are showing it live online that's no probs, hd cable from the lappy to the telly sorted Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gaz Posted March 7, 2012 Report Share Posted March 7, 2012 (edited) Cheers for the info lads, if the BBC are showing it live online that's no probs, hd cable from the lappy to the telly sorted Unfortunatley Ricky is wrong. They're not showing all the races online. They're just showing all the races online that they're also showing on tv. The BBC Sport website and red button will broadcast live coverage of every second of on-track action for all the races that are live on BBC One and will have highlights of the others. Source Edited March 7, 2012 by Gaz Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...