Jump to content
Duracell Bunny

Off Topic Chat.

Recommended Posts

So you buy an M3 to drive like an old woman because your "stance" means you cant drive it properly, and yet this is better ?

I dont have an M3 for 2 reasons, 1 its a stretch for me to afford and 2 I simply would not use the power so it would be a waste.

Who says "stance" means you have to drive like an old woman?

E46M3Ring20103.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

^^^I'm sure that car is pretty capable, but regardless what driftworks/raceculture say, I'm pretty sure they are going for look vs handling on an even priority. I think raising that car a touch would actually improve it's handling. It's well known that if a car is set up so low that the front or rear arms go lower than parallel to the ground, the roll center will end up under the car (rather than in it) and bump steer will be negatively affected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just thought I'd say a couple of debates on this forum today are doing my head in!! But I'm holding back from commenting as I simply can't be arsed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agree with trickster on this. Having a car 1cm off the ground might look good, but unless you're in an F1 car, it's ridiculous! That M3 above has it's front splitter dragging along the bloody track! If having 'epic lows' was soo good, why didn't M realise?!

Lows=looks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you Keith, I didnt know that level of detail but my point was the same, looks over function is stupid and pointless on a M3

You forgot to add 'IMO' on the end...

It is and it's not... They do look insane slammed!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

But look how fast they are going in that pic, the passenger wheel is totally off the ground so you have an extreme amount of weight and pressure on the drivers front. I think just about any car being driven that hard, regardless of how low would have its bumper almost scraping the road. There is also an odd camber on that stretch of the ring!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah that car might handle a little better if it was raised slightly, but Trickster said that if you have a low car you have to drive like an "old woman" so instead of buying a M3, why not buy a 318 and make it an M3 replica...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.





×
×
  • Create New...