Jay. Posted January 25, 2012 Report Share Posted January 25, 2012 Bastard wash how'd that happen? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Wash Posted January 25, 2012 Report Share Posted January 25, 2012 Bastard wash how'd that happen? A guy in a Vauxhall Corsa reversed into me when I was stationary at Tesco car park, it's his fault even though he claimed it was my fault at the time. I've been looking into making a claim but my excess is £750, am I right in thinking if I claim through a company like Albany Assistance, I don't need to pay excess? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jay. Posted January 25, 2012 Report Share Posted January 25, 2012 Has he admitted fault now? If so just go through an accident managment company giving his insurance details. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Wash Posted January 25, 2012 Report Share Posted January 25, 2012 Has he admitted fault now? If so just go through an accident managment company giving his insurance details. He hasn't admitted fault but I'm pretty sure it's his fault I was going to go towards the exit, and I was stationary there in the pic looking for cars coming the other way and the guy in the Corsa (other dude) reversed straight into me I'm going to send Albany Assistance an email tonight asking them for their advice. My only worry is that I'm going to have to pay £750, and for that much I could fit an MPS bumper and get it repaired myself... Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Wash Posted January 25, 2012 Report Share Posted January 25, 2012 Ah, and here's a pic of my E46 oil filler cap... lol Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SamN Posted January 26, 2012 Report Share Posted January 26, 2012 You need to hold the restricted license for 2 years after passing the test but that's the restricted test. I think Sam's going to do the derestricted test then do the full test when he turns 21? You just have to do an accelerated access test to be able to de-restrict it. I am doing the 'full' test now. This is the same test I'd do over 21, but under 21s have to do it on a 125cc not a 500cc bike. I assume the accelerated access test is similar but on a 500cc bike Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
scrimja Posted January 26, 2012 Report Share Posted January 26, 2012 You just have to do an accelerated access test to be able to de-restrict it. I am doing the 'full' test now. This is the same test I'd do over 21, but under 21s have to do it on a 125cc not a 500cc bike. I assume the accelerated access test is similar but on a 500cc bike I must be misreading the DirectGov website then! Seems to me that the only ways to have a full licence is to a) be over 21 and do a Direct Access, hold a standard licence for 2 years c) be under 21, do a full licence and then do an accelerated access test. I'm just interested as I'm still tryin to work out what bloody test I'm going to head towards! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SamN Posted January 26, 2012 Report Share Posted January 26, 2012 I must be misreading the DirectGov website then! Seems to me that the only ways to have a full licence is to a) be over 21 and do a Direct Access (done on a 500cc bike), hold a standard licence for 2 years (assuming you obtained the full license under 21, restriction automatically comes off after the 2 years) c) be under 21, do a full licence (done on a 125cc if under 21) and then do an accelerated access test (saves waiting 2 years if you turn 21 before that 2 years is up). I'm just interested as I'm still tryin to work out what bloody test I'm going to head towards! Not sure what the misunderstanding is? lol. You are correct, that is the 3 options. Although if over 21, you don't have to do DAS (direct access), you could just do lessons and take the CBT, theory, mod 1 and mod 2 tests in your own time. Does that make sense? Or have I confused things? Took me a while to get my head around it too! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
scrimja Posted January 26, 2012 Report Share Posted January 26, 2012 Really?! So, I'm 23. If I did my Mod 1 and Mod 2 tomorrow, I could then ride an R1? I though I still had to wait 2 years OR do a direct access to be able to ride any bike I want? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jay. Posted January 26, 2012 Report Share Posted January 26, 2012 On my way to s**tty Blackpool Oh the joys. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gaz Posted January 26, 2012 Report Share Posted January 26, 2012 http://www.giglionews.it/2010022440919/webcam/isola-del-giglio/webcam-giglio-porto-panoramica.html Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
scrimja Posted January 26, 2012 Report Share Posted January 26, 2012 Right, I've re read it and re read your posts and we're saying the same thing lol. The over 21, allowed to ride any bike test is called the direct access test and it's just Mod 1 and Mod 2 on a 35kw+ bike. You're saying you don't have to do the course, which is true. What bike are you taking your test on? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gaz Posted January 26, 2012 Report Share Posted January 26, 2012 Must have been hard, but this father made the right decision: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/father-michael-palomino-turns-son-viral-bullying-video-15427519?rnd=0.9728825036436319 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Justin Posted January 26, 2012 Report Share Posted January 26, 2012 Right, I've re read it and re read your posts and we're saying the same thing lol. The over 21, allowed to ride any bike test is called the direct access test and it's just Mod 1 and Mod 2 on a 35kw+ bike. You're saying you don't have to do the course, which is true. What bike are you taking your test on? If you do the direct access test (which would be your best option if your over 21) you do the test on a 35kw+ bike.. normally a 500cc.. and then if you pass you have a licence to ride anything you want! You could go and jump straight on a Busa if you want.. though I really wouldn't advise this! lol Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Justin Posted January 26, 2012 Report Share Posted January 26, 2012 Must have been hard, but this father made the right decision: http://abcnews.go.co...728825036436319 Vidio on that site's not working... Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SamN Posted January 26, 2012 Report Share Posted January 26, 2012 (edited) Right, I've re read it and re read your posts and we're saying the same thing lol. The over 21, allowed to ride any bike test is called the direct access test and it's just Mod 1 and Mod 2 on a 35kw+ bike. You're saying you don't have to do the course, which is true. What bike are you taking your test on? Correct, told you we were saying the same thing! Well, you'll have to do your CBT and theory first (in either order) then Mod 1, then Mod 2. OR just do DAS, which covers all of them, being that you're over 21. That'd be my preference I'm taking my test on my 125 (Hyosung GT125R). NOT recommended, and if I could go back in time, I'd have got a more upright bike! Maybe the same bike but not the R version. It's possible (obviously, as I've done it lol) but harder to do Mod 1 on a sports bike as you're more leant over and the turning circle is s**t in comparison. It'd have been easier on a more upright bike You'll be doing yours on a 500cc bike though. Once done, you COULD go an get an R1 or whatever, yes, but it's not advisable. In fact it is advisable to steer clear of sports bikes for your first big bike. There are lots of good starter bikes (Suzuki SV650S and Kawasaki ER-6 being just two). I did my CBT and got my 125 to practice/learn on. Then did the theory then Mod 1. I've done about 14000 miles in the last couple of months and found this helped a lot. Now just got to do Mod 2, sell the 125 and get a bigger bike (most likely SV650S as I said above). I haven't done any lessons (unless you count CBT), just learnt myself really. I think I will do one lesson between now and my Mod 2, just to go over things and check I haven't picked up any bad habits. Having been driving for 3 years, that helps a lot as you have the road experience, although you have to be a lot more alert on a bike and think as if everyone is out to get out, everyone might pull out on you and no one has seen you. Thinking things like this will help you a lot Edited January 26, 2012 by SamN Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gaz Posted January 26, 2012 Report Share Posted January 26, 2012 Vidio on that site's not working... I think the issue is your end, it shows fine here :/ I want this! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jay. Posted January 26, 2012 Report Share Posted January 26, 2012 http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=170762554552&cmd=VIDESC&index=2&nav=SEARCH&nid=31617367535 Wow - mismatched wheels on purpose 'stands out from the rest' What a bellend. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SamN Posted January 26, 2012 Report Share Posted January 26, 2012 I think the issue is your end, it shows fine here :/ I want this! I need one of those in my life!! Almost as much as this (which someone has actually made now, saw it on tv ) Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gaz Posted January 26, 2012 Report Share Posted January 26, 2012 http://item.mobilewe...nid=31617367535 Wow - mismatched wheels on purpose 'stands out from the rest' What a bellend. None mobile link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-330-CI-SILVER-FSH-MAY-SWOP-VW-BORA-GOLF-TDI-AUDI-TT-WHY-/170762554552 Those odd wheels look so stupid! I need one of those in my life!! Almost as much as this (which someone has actually made now, saw it on tv ) That thing's crazy! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mikey Posted January 26, 2012 Report Share Posted January 26, 2012 I think the issue is your end, it shows fine here :/ I want this! I don't think Matt would ride that as it looks like there's a bit of a stretch on the rear tyre. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SamN Posted January 26, 2012 Report Share Posted January 26, 2012 That thing's crazy! Yeah right! Love the Tron bikes they look awesome lit up! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gaz Posted January 26, 2012 Report Share Posted January 26, 2012 I don't think Matt would ride that as it looks like there's a bit of a stretch on the rear tyre. Stretch on that slappers tits is fine, but do it to a tyre and prepare for the wrath! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SamN Posted January 26, 2012 Report Share Posted January 26, 2012 Stretch on that slappers tits is fine, but do it to a tyre and prepare for the wrath! Hahaha! Actually just had a LOL moment at work Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gaz Posted January 26, 2012 Report Share Posted January 26, 2012 Don't call Busta Rhymes ignorant: http://www.break.com/usercontent/2008/3/Busta-Rhymes-Snaps-On-A-British-Chick-CHECK-IT-477149 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...