Daz 330 Cs

Top Gear - New Series

The golf was also my favourite, it brought a smile to my face to see 3 hot hatches that I hankered for whilst at school. Especially the mk2. I was supposed how cheap they all were too (OK they all had a long list of issues) , I haven't seen an sri nova in years!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by pete_h

A missed chance really, they got a bunch of clapped out mediocre luke warm hatches.......

Why not get a big bunch of the best examples and pit them against the modern counterparts in a series of real world tests ?

I mean just a short list from the very top of my head........

106 GTi

Saxo VTR/VTS

205 GTi 1.6 & 1.9

R5 GT-Turbo

Clio Williams

Uno Turbo ie

306 GTi6 (probably one of the last true Hot Hatches?)

XR2i Turbo

RS2000 / RS Turbo

Astra GSi

Corsa GSi

Golf 16v (Hard to pick a golf, they all started getting fat and overweight quite quickly after the Mk3 ?)

I mean seriously, they could have tried just a little harder, I spent the whole episode imagining what it could have been rather than watching 3 knackered luke warm hatches......luke warm in at their best ?

Edited by Phantom Mark

Have to admit i agree with Mark, completely missed chance and the TGPD bit at the end seemed to drag out a bit too long. Still an entertaining way to spend a Sunday evening and better than most tosh on the tv.

Oh and did anyone see the mention of Droitwich and Shelsey Walsh? Thats my claim to fame, lol, Droitwich being my home town and all. Where they were at the very start is the regent centre, which is a conferencing facility at the back of where im getting married in May this year, The Chateau Impney :thumbup:

Edited by simonlpearce

Clarkson and willman sold the rights of tg to the bbc last year so it won't be long before the 3 stooges get replaced and clarkson retires

With a very big fortune !

Personally I haven't watched it for ages bored of the same old same old

Pretty disappointed with the P1 test to be honest.. I don't think they showed the real speed of the car properly.. It was all about Clarkson just describing the speed. The only time I thought he showed a real sense of just how fast the bugger is, was when he was counting out the speed up the hill on the kemmel straight

I think with a good driver in the dry they could've got that up to 200mph up at the top after Eau Rouge.. And I would've liked to see the direction changes through pouhon, campus through to stavelot into in the fast chicanes in the dry. Even watching it go through blanchimont full speed would've been awesome!

If it'd have been Chris Harris behind the wheel of that car on that track - that would've been a great review! But preferably in the dry.. :)

True!

Don't understand the point of testing the McLaren P1, Porsche 918 and Ferrari LaFerrari (if they get it) without also putting them up against the Veyron SS, Koenigsegg Agera R/S, Hennessey Venom GT and SSC Ultimate Aero (last 4 all around 1200bhp).

That'd be a shoot-out and a half! :D

Either way I sure hope they track both the P1 and 918 in the dry.. There's no point seeing which is quicker in the wet..

If they could find enough owners of those cars who didn't mind The Stig hooning around all day in them probably invalidating all sorts of warranties then yes it would be an awesome shoot out!