Sam

What Have You Done To Your Car Today? Volume 2

Seems its like a MOT ..........

Vehicle check.
vehicle-check.png

Cost:

£50
Your BMW will undergo a comprehensive inspection ranging from a visual external inspection to a thorough fluid, lighting and function check of a variety of systems.

As part of the Vehicle check service, your BMW will undergo a comprehensive inspection by a BMW trained technician, ranging from a visual external inspection to a thorough fluid, lighting and function check of a variety of systems, to help ensure your car remains safe and roadworthy and continues to perform at its best. As well as the comprehensive list below, your BMW will be returned to you washed and vacuumed with an updated BMW service history.

• Checking horn, headlight flasher and warning system
  • Check instrument lighting, passenger compartment, luggage compartment and glovebox lighting.
  • Check function of rear, rear and license plate lighting
  • Check Seatbelts, including strap, function of reel, locking reel, buckle, clip and clasp.
  • Check windscreen wash and wipe for function and settings.
  • Check Tyres for tread depth, wear pattern, external condition and inflation pressure.
  • Check BMW Mobility system (if applicable)
  • Check first aid box and expiry date, and warning triangle.
  • Initialise run flat indicator (if applicable)
  • Check engine coolant level and concentration, top up if necessary.
  • Check headlamp and windscreen washer fluid level and top up if necessary
  • Check steering fluid tank oil level (if applicable)
  • Check brake lines and connections for tightness, damage and correct position
  • Check under vehicle body, including all visible parts for damage, correct position and tightness
  • Check steering components for play, leaks, damage and wear.
  • Test Drive - Check for road safety, including brakes, steering, shock absorbers and gearbox.
  • Exterior is washed
  • Interior is vacuumed
  • BMW Service history is updated

All Genuine BMW parts come with a BMW 2 year fitted parts warranty.

Select option

As well as the comprehensive list below and a host of other stuff we will tell you is 'wrong' with your car , your BMW will be returned to you washed with a Brillo pad and vacuumed with an updated BMW service history that we will forget to stamp

Is more like my experience!

Fitted a ski hatch sub, it's only a s**tter but it'll do for now

7064D83E-DD09-47E1-BD46-AA79A0472ECF_zps

Where did you get the box from mate. Want one in mine too.

Finally fitted the miltek backbox.

Was a proper biatch to fit it. Lol

The excahust brackets were rusted. Bolts were gone. So had to get the angle grinder to remove it.

Took a good few hours. It was just me and my mate working on it. It was funny. My mates dad was laughing on how long it took ( uncle owns the garage).

Finally got it to fit. Got still a leak on the brackets. But looking at upgrading to a centre section bit. Thinking of militek.

Found out the ac schnizter tipped backbox was gutted. Got a buyer for that too.

Paid £150 for the miltek backbox. So good price. Only issue it sits abit to inside the diffusser.

post-16255-14311587864_thumb.jpg

post-16255-14311587976_thumb.jpg

Made it myself out of mdf mate - took some measurements & cut it with a jigsaw was a piece of piss :)

Made it myself out of mdf mate - took some measurements & cut it with a jigsaw was a piece of piss :)
Cheers dude. Will get one made now.

I finally solved my intermittent audio issue. Occasionally I would loose audio and a reset of the unit would bring it back but the unit finally popped its output amp so further investigation was required. All the speakers popped nicely with a 9v battery and all showed approx 4 ohms.

DSCF4449.jpg

The clue came when I unplugged the faulty unit back in the car and the F/R "popped", a quick resistance to ground check showed an ominous measurement!

DSCF4450.jpg

A 1.5k ohms short to ground on both speaker wires. After unplugging the connector at the door hinge the short went indicating a problem in the door which was confirmed when I got the panel off the reveal a crushed wiring loom with split insulation, looking at the pattern on the wiring it was trapped by the front grab handle retaining screw! All taped up now and the audio is back and so far NOT intermittent!

DSCF4451.jpg

All because someone didn't spend 30 seconds checking when re-assembling the door panel!

Edited by Megadodo

Today;

Ground arches back, de rusted, filled & painted rear arches

Removed rear bumper & made new bracket to secure bumper better

Fitted a4 b8 exhaust tips

Changed the oil & filter, tried 5w40 on Shafz recommendation for using less oil

Went to a meet at Demon Tweeks today, was okay just not many there at all.

Had some angel eyes arrive the other day and fitted them with one of the tech's after work on Wednesday, only problem is one of the rings is faulty (same happened with a set the tech did on his dad's car) so I messaged the seller explaining and he asked for a photo. I sent him the attached photo and asked for a replacement but had no reply. I sent another email yesterday and still haven't had a reply, will probably have to report or negative feedback :/

Up bright and early, so i can arrive at the 7.30am meet time........to thrash the car round the lakes with ~50 other cars.

And the weather looks good!!!!!!!

Went out to clean my E30 at about 11:30am this morning, ended up cleaning it and stripping half the interior down.

I was just about to put my stuff away and go inside when I suddenly found myself removing things, not really sure how it happened, but I'm glad it did.

Quite pleased with the outcome, small bit of rust on the base of the rear bench which I poked through into a whole, there is a pipe that sits behind and below the rear bench which I believe to be the fuel filler pipe, this is quite badly corroded at one point, I reckon I could have ripped it in half but I forced myself to stop poking and playing around with it. The rear arches look fine from the inside of the car, something I wasn't expecting!

Some idiot has very crudely cut holes to fit the 6x9 speakers on the parcel shelf.

Sadly the wiring is a complete mess, it seems that every cable has been cut and taped :(

I haven't yet removed the carpet, although I did have a peak under it and didn't see any rust!

I've also made a small start on re-upholstering the interior, so far I've given one of the door cards some new staples!

As some of you may know, my dad wasn't too keen on me working on my E30, for some unknown reason he said to me that if I help him move all the stuff (furniture etc) out of the garage I can move my car into there and continue work. So I'll be waiting until then before I continue work on the E30. For now it's back under its cover.

Oh, I also found a load of old alarm systems lurking under the centre console.

Edited by Maxtek

Got my cannon camera delivered to my house today off my mate in London I thought it was a canon 350 d slr. But turns out it's a 400 so well happy with that bargain at £50 cheers to my mate

Went to a meet at Demon Tweeks today, was okay just not many there at all.

Had some angel eyes arrive the other day and fitted them with one of the tech's after work on Wednesday, only problem is one of the rings is faulty (same happened with a set the tech did on his dad's car) so I messaged the seller explaining and he asked for a photo. I sent him the attached photo and asked for a replacement but had no reply. I sent another email yesterday and still haven't had a reply, will probably have to report or negative feedback :/

What was the company out of curiosity mate?